• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Getting Round Looking Nose

Messages
177
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

Last question today I promise!! :D

How do you mold intricate curves in the mesh without it creasing up?? I just can't get this to work!!! :mad: It just doesn't look right (either in gMax or in the sim). The nose is a particular problem.

Best regards,
Robin.
 
Last edited:
Hi,

Do you mean making a cone nose for an airplane ?
There is an excellent video tutorial for making a cone nose via the Loft method on FSAlpha.

Greetz. José.
 
I think I just spotted where I've been going wrong: trying to model the entire fuselage out of a single mesh!

Best regards,
Robin.
 
Hi,

Yes I did - I suddenly realized he was modeling the nose separately from the rest of the aircraft. I'm not - I'm trying to mold it into the rest of the airframe as a single mesh; I'm sure you can see the problem with that! :D

I'll need to re-watch the video as it would be very useful for wing sections, but I think I found my bigger problem regarding the modeling of the nose. :) I've just tried putting a fuselage together as multiple pieces, and that seems to be working better already. The only catch will be joining the pats together to make them (appear) seamless.

Best regards,
Robin.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top