• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

help with object _placement tool?

Messages
5
Country
unitedstates
Hi all,

I am new to the SDK and I want to build some scenery around my local airports. I have tried following the instructions for the Abacus Scenery Shortcut on how to make the Tools menu appear showing the object placement tool with no luck!

I have installed the SP1 and SP1a. I have the deluxe version with the SDK. I have also renamed the path in the dll.xml file with no success.

I have noticed though that I do not have a path to my documents and settings folder as Abacus describes. Is that my problem?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Scribe556
 
Hi all,

I am new to the SDK and I want to build some scenery around my local airports. I have tried following the instructions for the Abacus Scenery Shortcut on how to make the Tools menu appear showing the object placement tool with no luck!

I have installed the SP1 and SP1a. I have the deluxe version with the SDK. I have also renamed the path in the dll.xml file with no success.

I have noticed though that I do not have a path to my documents and settings folder as Abacus describes. Is that my problem?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Scribe556

I would suggest my favorite object placement tool http://lc0277.nerim.net/whisplacer.html it is also free and has a live preview feature.
 
Thanks!

Paul,

Thanks for the link that was very helpful!

Bill,

Thanks for the link, I'll be trying this out tonight. best of all, when I'm on travel, I can design on the laptop!

Cool.

Scribe556
 
Back
Top