• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I'm No Developer

Messages
6
Country
us-northcarolina
But I do like to make my own sceneries with EZScenery and RNY 12 for fun..I would like to know how to make each scenery into a complete package that I could install after doing a reinstall and perhaps to upload for sharing....

I have looked here and came up empty..Any help would be great......


In advance,Thanks....Mason
 
If you're not doing your own models and AFCADs, it should just be a matter of locating the EZS bgl either in the Addon Scenery\scenery directory or in one of its own. If it's just a single bgl, it might not make much sense to create a separate directory. It is a good idea to install the addon libraries in separate directories. When you do a reinstall, you'd add your libraries to FS9 scenery and add the location of your EZS bgl if it is in its own location. If you put it in the Addon Scenery\scenery directory then it won't need to be added manually.
 
Thanks KjB


They are in BGL format.... I'll play around with them and see what I come up with.........


Prob is I can't seem to find the textures that go with the BGL files......Perhaps I don't need them as long as I have ths libraries installed first.....

I was thinking that perhaps I could create a new folder containing the BGL and texture files and name it *whatever it is of* that could be uploaded for other peeps to use and giving me a back up folder too.....

Hmmmm This may be above my head......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
If you're just placing objects from someone else's libraries, the textures are in the texture subdirectory of the library. You don't have any textures to worry about. You might want to maintain a list of the libraries you've used so you don't miss any with a reinstall or someone else who uses your scenery can get the proper parts.
 
Thanks Again kjb....


Sounds like a plan...

Yes I only use objects from others ...I do not build my own yet....But...Perhaps someday.......:stirthepo
 
Back
Top