• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Landclass fail??

Country
australia
Need help please.Have scenery downloaded for Longyear Norway.Using Prepar3dv4 and ADE.Airport fine but industrial part of scenery over water re picture 1.Made a scenery with ice apron with vector shoreline re picture 2.Watched a video on YouTube for
airport design editor walk-through,part 7 land-class that showed what i was after .Tried to add a land-class Created a separate folder as a new fictional airport so it wouldn't interfere with original bgl files (had used original scenery folder with same results),as per the video.Went to ADE.Add polygon.Type land-class.Tag rock ice to match surrounding area.First tried mapping outline same shape as the ice apron in picture.Compiled as per when you have finished with said section.What i then found is in picture 3.No matter if i did a small square or the same shape as the apron ice picture,after compiling the whole bay and a large extension going north in a big rectangular shape is there.I followed each step per video but don't understand why it's gone large block.I am a bit of a novice with land-class.Has anyone had this problem before.Cheers,Marcus.
picture1.jpg
picture2.jpg
picture3.jpg

Country
us-illinois
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/landclass-fail.444864/post-817469

Need help please.

Have scenery downloaded for Longyear Norway.

Using Prepar3dv4 and ADE.

Airport fine but industrial part of scenery over water re picture

1. Made a scenery with ice apron with vector shoreline re picture

2. Watched a video on YouTube for airport design editor walk-through, part 7 land-class that showed what i was after.

Tried to add a land-class

Created a separate folder as a new fictional airport so it wouldn't interfere with original bgl files (had used original scenery folder with same results), as per the video.

Went to ADE. Add polygon. Type land-class. Tag rock ice to match surrounding area.

First tried mapping outline same shape as the ice apron in picture.

Compiled as per when you have finished with said section.

What i then found is in picture 3.

No matter if i did a small square or the same shape as the apron ice picture, after compiling the whole bay and a large extension going north in a big rectangular shape is there.

I followed each step per video but don't understand why it's gone large block.

I am a bit of a novice with land-class.

Has anyone had this problem before.

Cheers,Marcus.

Hello:

For complex terrain CVX vector work with custom terrain, shorelines, land / water flattens, IMHO, you would be better able to achieve your goal with SBuilderX ...rather than with ADE.

In SBuilderX:

You can "Exclude and Replace" default and custom FSX / P3D CVX vector scenery objects to achieve proper scenery display.

For example, the local default CVX vector BGL for your project area:

[FSX install path]\Scenery\0600\scenery\cvx5204.bgl

...can be decompiled via Patrick Germain's CvxExtractor into ESRI 'Shape' (aka "*.SHP") files.

Those ESRI *.SHP files exported by CvxExtractor can then be 'Appended' to a new empty project in SBuilderX.

SBuilderX can display Terrain SDK Quad LOD-9 / QMID-11 Grid Lines as a guide for placing 'Excludes' for local CVX vector:

* Hydro Polys (HP*.SHP)

* Hydro Shorelines (HL*.SHP)

* Flatten (FL*.SHP)

* Exclude (EX*.SHP) etc.

This would provide you with working copies inside SBuilderX, of the existing default CVX vector data which can be modified as needed, without having to create it all oneself. ;)

You can also make changes to the above CVX vector objects 'Appended' as *.SHP files, over a precisely Geo-referenced photo-real imagery background, then output (1) or more 'Replacement' CVX vector BGLs to modify P3D scenery areas properly.

You can then compile the modified CVX vector objects (along with any desired new ones) into (1) or more replacement BGLs.

Before attempting to perform these tasks, you must study tutorials by Luis Feliz-Tirado for details on how to do this; of particular note would be information on "Excluding default terrain" in: :teacher:

Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=141643

GaryGB