• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

LIDA Asiago - Italy

Country
us-hawaii
Asiago LIDA, a beautiful airport near Vicenza (Italy).
Work in progress, but someone can tell me how to create seasonal texture???
I'm looking for a tutorial that explain how create seasonal texture (all but SU).
Best regards, Claudio Grassi
Iscoming2.jpg

Are you using resample.exe...it looks like it.

For seasonal textures, you have to have bmps that appears like you want for each season. So you start with source image for sp, fa, wi, hw, and lm (night).

I have my own preference, other ways exist. I like to have a folder for each, make an inf file for each, with the command withseasons=1. and I just run resample.exe on each one from a batch file with the following commands

resample filename.inf
rename ???????????????su ???????????????wi

Of course I show the winter bat file here.

Make sure the summer run of resample was also done with "withseasons=1" command in place.

Have fun!

Bob

Country
us-hawaii
Thanks, but my problem is how to create the texture (es. from SU texture to HW texture) in photoshop.
Hi Claudio

Country
us-hawaii
Another screenshot, work in progress!!!

Thanks to Arno that explains me how to assign night texture with Gmax's new sdk. :D
The result:
lida1.jpg

lida5.jpg

lida2.jpg

lida4.jpg

lida3.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Looks very nice :).

As your posts both refer to the same project, I merged your post with your earlier post, to keep this forum a bit clean.

Country
us-hawaii
Work still in progress... :stirthepo
Soon grand opening. :wizard:
As usually thanks to Arno.
Aloha Claudio Grassi

LIDAHAN.jpg

LIDATWR.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Looks fantastic, I will pick it up from AvSim tomorrow :).

Country
us-hawaii
Help Me Arno

My project Asiago 2005 have a problem...
Sometimes crash.... :banghead:
Probably the cause are the static objects... :yikes:
What a shame!!!!!
Hi Claudio :rotfl: :rotfl: :yikes: :banghead: :laughing:

Country
italy
Some crash analysis

Ciao Claudio

Yesterday I've done some quick analysis about the crash
in your beautiful Asiago

In case you are still in the middle of your crash-cause search
there is a small file for you here:
http://home.tele2.it/gianp/TempFiles/LIDA-FS9crash.zip

It contains a saved situation (flt) that crashes on loading
and some notes (Italian -sorry)
Anyway the name of the 2 offending files can be
understood by everybody

Keep up the good work!

Ciao, GianP

Hi Claudio,

I tried your scenery, it is true that it crashes if you start your flight from LIDO, I thought I would start the flight From LIPT a few miles south and make a short trip to LIDO and it worked, FS9 did not crash! I landed the Beech Baron at LIDO walked around the nice gliders, and rented a small R-22 to explore the monuments and cathedrals you've made, after the scenic flight, had a warm cappucino and took the baron to Fiumincino!

I hope this was relaxing, anyway I think it is a loading problem that crashes FS9 maybe Arno can help you with that!

Ciao

Jad!

Country
us-hawaii
To solve crash problem try to delete following files:

kaeferlib.BGL
LIDA_Gli.BGL
LIDA_Gli2.BGL
LIDA_Pst.BGL
LIDA_Pst2.BGL
LIDA_Pst3.BGL
LIDA_Stat.BGL

All files are static object (gliders and cars).

Have a nice fly. Claudio

P.s. I have created LIPV (Lido) too (ISD Project LIPZ & LIPV 2003). :wave: