• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 LOD calculator

Messages
1,637
Country
unitedstates
I was intrigued reading the User's Manual when I came upon your script titled Create Tile Grid for Google Earth. I see I could adjust the LOD to LOD10 and create one for an entire state in the USA. Is there a way to add to the script to show the LAT/LON extents of a grid tile (LOD10 for example)? Click on a corner pin and up shows the LAT/LON in decimal degrees format? I know you have the scenPROC calculator but with 100's of calcs I need to perform this could safe a lot of time. Just askin'
 
Hi,

Those coordinates are stored in the GIS file that you export of course, just not as attributes. So maybe you can configure the tool you use to view the tile grid to render the coordinates somehow?
 
Back
Top