• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Marine objects

Messages
15
Hello, Is there something more to know about placing objects in the water? I have tried placing gen_buoy_02_green in the water and it does not show. If I place it on land it shows OK. I have tried different configurations such as FALSE for height agl but no change. I cannot use any of the object placement tools as the slew mode just goes berserk and also 'A' for 'Slew Down Slowly' conflicts with different cockpit views etc. What I do if I can possibly get Object Placement to work a bit is to just place an object anywhere on the planet, save the xml file and then edit it and run it through bglcomp.
This way I have had a lot of success but I cant put any beacons in the water. I can put a marina in the water so maybe it is something to do with the particular object, is just meant to be mounted on dry land or something.
 
The object scale was too high so I reduced it to 2 and it appears but only very close and not completely drawn until almost at the beacon. Same with the light at night. I have tried different settings. Here is the xml.
 

Attachments

Back
Top