Hi,
I'm not a programmer "yet", plan to start school second half of next year for game design, but I have a request for any of the "Vetrans". I recently began using a program called AIBTC, for compiling FSX AI ship "Routes" much like TTools is for flightplans. Great program, in fact I've been waiting for something like this since I've gotten FSX. Problem is, is that once the ships leave port, or start on the "Route", there really isn't anyway to know where they are. In my case, I have carriers that I'd like to be able to link up with, but I never really know where they would be at any given time.
So, I thought of a way to sort of "track" the carriers along the route. What I need is someones help to program a tool that will make this a reasonably painless process. I've manually plotted out just about everything on 1 route as a reference to anyone doing the programming. It seems to me to be a relatively simple program to create, but again I'm not a programmer. I know a lot of "AI" ship poeple, that would be happy, and the program quite possibly even work for people to rendevou with other aircraft {like military refueling}, I'm not sure, all I know is that my system works, but to put it into place is very time consuming, and by the time I was done with this 1 route, I really couldn't sit down and enjoy because of all the time I've spent on it.
If anyone is interested in taking up the challenge for programming this very needed tool {at least for us AI folks} please let me know, and I can give you all the details. Thank!!
AJ
I'm not a programmer "yet", plan to start school second half of next year for game design, but I have a request for any of the "Vetrans". I recently began using a program called AIBTC, for compiling FSX AI ship "Routes" much like TTools is for flightplans. Great program, in fact I've been waiting for something like this since I've gotten FSX. Problem is, is that once the ships leave port, or start on the "Route", there really isn't anyway to know where they are. In my case, I have carriers that I'd like to be able to link up with, but I never really know where they would be at any given time.
So, I thought of a way to sort of "track" the carriers along the route. What I need is someones help to program a tool that will make this a reasonably painless process. I've manually plotted out just about everything on 1 route as a reference to anyone doing the programming. It seems to me to be a relatively simple program to create, but again I'm not a programmer. I know a lot of "AI" ship poeple, that would be happy, and the program quite possibly even work for people to rendevou with other aircraft {like military refueling}, I'm not sure, all I know is that my system works, but to put it into place is very time consuming, and by the time I was done with this 1 route, I really couldn't sit down and enjoy because of all the time I've spent on it.
If anyone is interested in taking up the challenge for programming this very needed tool {at least for us AI folks} please let me know, and I can give you all the details. Thank!!
AJ