• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Railroads problem.

Country
belarus
Hi everyone!

I am experiencing a trouble trying to create railroads in sbuilder.

I have uploaded the BLN from QGIS and converted it into bgl. I also picked up textures from sbuilder. However, nothing appeared in FS9. After that stock RR files were removed and replaced with this one through addon scenery - to no avail one more time.

Is there something wrong or I just don't see them? Maybe it is a texture problem? If so, is there a way to replace the stock sbuilder texture with something more bright and visible? Would you be so kind as to help me?

Windows 7 32 bit.
Fs2004
Sbuilder 2.05.
QGIS 2.18 GRASS.

Unfortunately, the site prohibits BLN uploads.
1636314516198.png
1636314536794.png
1636314552129.png
1636314565301.png

Attachments

• PROJECT_VTPL 2.BGL
    266.8 KB · Views: 105
Country
us-illinois
Hello:

If you archive your *.BLN inside a ZIP file, it may be attached here if its size does not exceed FSDev limits.

Also, be aware vector data is best exported in a SBuilder Exchange file *.SBX format (that can be ZIP-ed / attached here also).

GaryGB

Country
belarus
Hello:

If you archive your *.BLN inside a ZIP file, it may be attached here if its size does not exceed FSDev limits.

Also, be aware vector data is best exported in a SBuilder Exchange file *.SBX format (that can be ZIP-ed / attached here also).

GaryGB
I will attach it right now.

But how to convert SBX into BGL then?

Attachments

• BLR_RR BLN.rar
    403.1 KB · Views: 88
Country
belarus
Hello:

GaryGB

Attachments

• BLR_RR SBX.zip
    584 KB · Views: 103
Country
us-illinois
Hi again:

I was not certain whether you had more than just the Railroad vector in your SBuilder project, so I suggested the *.SBX file too.

Your BGL attached above can be "Appended" as a VTP BGL and you will get the same result as Appending the latter *.SBX file.

FYI: You may need to substitute an edited version of- or Exclude and Replace- ...the default FS9 file:

[FS2004 install path]\Scenery\Eure\Scenery\RR955120.bgl

AFAIK, the easiest way to do this is:

Append the above cited default FS 2004 RR955120.bgl into a new project in SBuilder.

Now edit those VTP vector RR line objects as desired, and compile to a new VTP BGL.

Then use that VTP BGL instead of the default RR vector BGL, (thereby replacing the default BGL) ...on one's own FS9 installation.

But, technically, one may also exclude the RR vector with a VTP exclude ...if distributing a scenery for use by other people.

Now edit those VTP vector RR line objects as desired, and compile to a new VTP BGL.

Use the VTP RR exclude BGL along with the new VTP BGL and FS' default RR vector BGL, (this excludes / replaces a default BGL) ...on one's own FS9 installation.

If distributing this scenery for use by other people is your goal, let us know. ;)

GaryGB

Last edited: