• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SB cannot erase lightpoles

Country
italy
Hello guys,
I'm desperate, because it's since 4 months that I try to erase f****n lightpole on my scenery. These poles comes with another scenery and apperas only when I set my autogen to high levels. I'ev tryied all, exclude area, with all programs. Arno rightly suggested that the poles are placed as vtp line of object. So I've installed SB and tryed to erase them without success. Is there any soul that kindly want to help me? I cannot finish my scenery with those poles in the middle of runway!

thanks!

Have you placed some roads in that area? If so..... try doing it the opposite way. Instead if point a to point b.... try point B to point A. When you place a road line the poles are part of it, but , they continue on for some distance after the road ends.

Also, are you sure you have used the correct layer for the VTP excludes? The roads are on a specific layer (can't remember the number at the moment).

Thanks for reply guys! In order:

@Joe W: I didn't place any roads in my scenery. I know those poles comes from another scenery which have a lower layer than mine. I'm sure because if I try to remove it, the poles disappear. And is also impossible contact that scenery's author due there's no email address in the package (violating the AvSim upload library policies)

@Arno: yes, I've also red the scasm manual. In fact the roads and lightpoles are on layer 4. To be sure I've added all possible layers: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 16, 31

Sincerly I dunno if I was right with SB. I drew a polygon over my scenery covering the area with the poles, than I selected "polygon properties", general->exclude and added layers. Is that right?

regards,
Alberto

Hello Alberto,

unfortunately I cannot answer your questions about SBuilder. But to exlude VTP lines you exclude an area, not a polygon.

I think, if your scenery does not cause the light poles, its not your duty to remove the faulty lines. Maybe the future user doesn't have this older scenery... But it is a nice touch anyway.

The straying light poles are caused by an older way to program VTP lines. You can search for 'VTPChildPoints' and 'VTPWidePoint' at avsim. Both SBuilder and Ground2k create correct code since about 2 years.

As far as I remember it is not enough to exclude the area with the faulty light poles. You have to exclude the 'old' vtp line itself! The faulty light poles appear far from the original, old-style road.

Best regards,
Edgar

Back