• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MCX Specular texture not working

Country
brazil
Hello all

Im trying to use a specular texture to my model but all model is getting the specular effect. Can someone helpe, me?
In the atteched files is a gif showing the effect displayed in all the model but it was supose to be only in the windows.

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 44
  • VID_20230518_213747041.gif
    VID_20230518_213747041.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 46
  • casa01.jpg
    casa01.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 53
  • casa01_specular.png
    casa01_specular.png
    12 KB · Views: 47
  • casa01.mdl
    1.9 KB · Views: 57

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You might want to double check in the sim as well, the MCX preview does not show every effect correctly. Which sim are you targeting?

Country
brazil
Hi,

You might want to double check in the sim as well, the MCX preview does not show every effect correctly. Which sim are you targeting?
Hello, im targeting fsx. Inside fsx the result is the same. All the building turns itself reflective. Not only the window of the building.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

It's a long time ago I tried to use these options myself, but I think you need to set another value. Might be "Blend environment by specular alpha", but I am not 100% sure. Hopefully somebody who uses it more often can give you more details. Did you also check the FSX SDK, it has some good information on the materials.

Country
brazil
Hi,

It's a long time ago I tried to use these options myself, but I think you need to set another value. Might be "Blend environment by specular alpha", but I am not 100% sure. Hopefully somebody who uses it more often can give you more details. Did you also check the FSX SDK, it has some good information on the materialsI

I tryed to do various modifications but I think its is ignoring the specular texture. Anyway thanks for the reply.

Country
brazil
I did it :):)
I change some configuration in the seccion "specion functionality" as the image bellow and it workded. Thanks for the helping. Hope this help anyother with the same problem.

Sem título.png