• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SpotLights

l52

Hi,

I read in this forum many post about "lights Spot"...my problem is to make a light pole with the spot light on the ground in the night...

I did:

- a pole;
- a polygon (circle) on the ground;
- twp textures for this polygon, One for day and another for night..

is this correct procedure? is there another system?

-- this solve is not all the way right because in the day I see the circle with the day texture...what is the procedure to do trasparence the day texture?

thanks

Lucio

Country
italy
Ciao Lucio.
As I assume you are from Italy, i suggest you to read the "Le luci con GMax" tutorial from Canepazzo. Personally I don't think the way you use for night lighting is the best (Arno correct me... :D if I'm wrong).
Here is the material names (as you can find in FS2002SDK) FS uses to define light objects:

LINE_ Lines are drawn instead of triangles.
ZBIAS_ A default z-bias is added to the polygons.
ZBIAS_## A z-bias of ## is added to the polygons.
DS_ Polygons are drawn double sided.
BRIGHT_ The material is bright (emits light).
LIGHT_BEACON A beacon point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_STROBE A strobe point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color
LIGHT_RECO A recognition point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color
LIGHT_WING A wing point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_LOGO A logo point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_NAV A navigation point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_TAXI A taxi spotlight is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_LAND A landing spotlight is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.

If materials names are the same both in FS2002 and FS2004 bgl files then you would be able to build you own lights correctly. If you have any question you can mail me at liburnio@htomail.com (italian language is accepted too :D :D
Ciao. Mauro

Country
italy
ASM, MDL and something more....for I52

I ask the forum community not to get angry :eek: if I'm posting in italian language, since private messaging seems to have no attachment options. I swear ;) this is going to be the only post I'll make in my country language. Thanks to anyone for your kind understanding :wave: Mauro.
Ciao Lucio.
Eccoti i files richiesti. Ricorda che il file con estensione ASM deve essere compilato con BGLC_9 e non con BGLComp (sembrano simili, ma il primo è stato sviluppato dalla comunità degli scenery designers, mentre il secondo è il BGL compiler ufficiale del FS2004SDK). Il file bgl che si ottiene compilando il file ASM con il BGLC_9 è un file con estensione BGL, ma non funziona come scenario. Bisogna cambiargli l'estensione da BGL in MDL e, quindi compilarlo con BGLComp della MS tramite il file XML. Tutto chiaro?! Il file XML che ti invio posizionarà la luce in testata pista a LIPQ. Provalo e vedi se lo riesci a rendere visibile anche sul tuo simulatore. Stasera, oltre a creare i LOD50 ed i LOD010 per gli oggetti della mia libreria, cercherò ri capire come fare per appiccicare la fonte luminosa ad un oggetto a forma di palo della luce...
Ciao e fammi sapere come è andata.
Mauro.

PS ti ho allegato anche il file BGL definitivo, casomai non riuscissi a compilare correttamente il file ASM e gli altri, nonchè una immagine di come appare la luce sul mio computer.
Ri-ciao.

PPS, se desideri scambiare altri files è meglio se mi mandi un indirizzo mail! questo forum è, come è giusto che sia, solo in lingua inglese.

Attachments

• files_con_luce.ZIP
    34.2 KB · Views: 454