• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

White Border

Messages
192
Country
germany
Is there a reason that every photoscenery that I create with the FSX resampler has a white border around the edge?
 
Last edited:
Hi,

Is this white border also there in the source images you are using?

It could be that you have not set the correct NullValue in your inf file, but that would only be the case if the white is there in the source image.
 
Hi,

Is this white border also there in the source images you are using?

It could be that you have not set the correct NullValue in your inf file, but that would only be the case if the white is there in the source image.


Arno,

Thanks in advance for any help. The white border is not in the source geotiff. The null value was 255,255,255 by default. I saw you mention the null value in another post so I changed them to 0,0,0 in the inf but the border was still there after resample.
 
Hi Dan,

That is weird, I haven't seen any white borders appearing out of nothing on the photo sceneries I made.

Did you do anything special to your input GeoTIFF?
 
Hi Dan,

That is weird, I haven't seen any white borders appearing out of nothing on the photo sceneries I made.

Did you do anything special to your input GeoTIFF?

I created the Geotiff myself in global mapper.
 
Hehe, that is not what I call something weird. I created all GeoTIFF files I used myself.

Are you using alpha channels or features like that as well in your GeotTIFF?
 
Hehe, that is not what I call something weird. I created all GeoTIFF files I used myself.

Are you using alpha channels or features like that as well in your GeotTIFF?

Right now it is only the day texture. There is no night, no blend, and no water (no alpha). No other features. I've gotten the border with just about every geotiff I've created.
 
Humm, quite weird, sounds like it must be something in the GeoTIFF file then, but I have no idea what it could be. Maybe somebody else that uses the same tool as you do has an idea.
 
IIRC there was a problem with the original FSX file terrain.dll that caused some sort of an issue with boundaries of photoscenery? There was a replacement terrain.dll provided in Dec 06 and also in SP1. Are you using SP1? That's the only thing I can think of.

scott s.
.
 
The Display Background of Global Mapper has to be set to WHITE (255,255,255) to be transparent. By default it is yellow on my system.

Dick near Pittsburgh, PA.
 
I had this effect long ago...I think the latest sdk tools have fixed it. I also think I was able to avoid it by using a blend mask in addition to the main texture with a multi source inf file.

Good luck,
Bob
 
Hi Folks

Is there a reason
that every photoscenery that I create with the FSX resampler
has a white border around the edge?
If your GEOTIFF's coords are for pixel corner,
and your inf file says pixel centre
you might get a white border.

For photoscenery,
I understand 'the professionals'
use slightly overlapping pics with blendmasks.

HTH
ATB
Paul
 
Last edited:
I also had this problem which turned out to be a problem with the image export from ArcGIS....there was a single pixel white border around it (which looks much larger when further away due to mipping)

I got around it by using a blend mask or editing the images in photoshop before resampling.

Paul, In my experience, resample handles overlapping images brilliantly- just export all images and resample as a multisource bgl....no need for a blend mask for the internal boundaries.
 
Back
Top