• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

XML Schema / DTD ?

Messages
11
Country
unitedkingdom
Is there a complete schema definition anywhere for the FSX gauge XML ?

Also, where can I find a DTD file for it so that I can use my editor to check syntax ?
 
Is there a complete schema definition anywhere for the FSX gauge XML ?

Also, where can I find a DTD file for it so that I can use my editor to check syntax ?

ACES did not include a gauges.dtd file in the FSX SDK. However, if you have the FS9 Panel and Gauges SDK, you can find it in the ..\inc folder.

There have been several additional XML tokens and key_events added for FSX, but they should be easy enough to add if anyone wants to bother.

Also, see this .pdf document for additional information re: scripting XML gauges.

http://users.skynet.be/fa062023/files/Writing xml Gauges for FS.pdf
 
Wow ! I can't believe it's 0ver 10 years since I posted this question !!

Firstly, n4gix, I thought I had replied to your reply, but clearly I didn't so apologies for that !!

I did find a dtd file, but using it in my editor threw up more problems than not. My simming, gauge/panel dev and modding activities took on a very far-back back-burner aspect not very long after I originally posted this topic so:

I'm wondering if, since then , anybody has compiled a complete and working schema ?

I have in fact lost (during the course of disk crashes and "reset this PC" and Dropbox disasters) a number of dtd files I had found, but searching again online for what I know I did have has proved fruitless - does anyone have a cache of the various versions of the gauge dtd files ?
 
Back
Top