Command Prompt Window
A window displayed on the desktop used to interface with the MS-DOS operating system.
MS-DOS commands are typed at an entry point identified by a blinking cursor.
List of methods to open a command prompt window.
- Click Start menu
- Click the Run button
- Type cmd in the displayed dialog box.
- Press OK
- A command prompt window will be opened.
Now navigate to your required directory/folder location, (use cd command).
MS Cmd Here Powertoy
An automatic method, removing the need to navigate to your required directory/folder location.
- Adds an Open Command Window Here option to any folder's 'right-click context menu.
- Resulting Command Window automatically opens in your required directory/folder location.
- Works with both, any -
- Folder in Explorer
- Folder Shortcut, (e.g. a folder on your desktop)
- Works for both WinXP/Vista.
Download Microsoft's: Cmd Here Powertoy
Hold down the SHIFT key while right-clicking on a folder and you will see a 'Open command window here' option in the context-sensitive menu.
List of FSX/A SDK's tools that utilise the Command Prompt Window, (aka DOS box).
- BGLComp - Compiling scenery placement, airport data, & mission rewards
- Resample - Compiling elevation, land/water class, photoscenery, etc. data.
- Shp2Vec - Compiling vector data.
- ImageTool - Imagery format conversion for simobjects & scenery.
- Simpropcompiler - Compiling XML gauges, autogen related files, & missions.