• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

External electric current and APU sounds

Country
israel
Hello again!

I am creating sounds for an aircraft in FS and I would like to create also external electric current and APU sounds (I have the files already).
The problem is that only an internal electric current sound is supported by the sound configuration in the section of [GYRO_SOUND].

The [GYRO_SOUND] section lets to play only internal sounds.
I know that I can use the [JET_WHINE] section for example, to create an external electric current sound,
but the problem is that it can be heard everytime also when everything is shut down.
That's what I did for now, the solution with the [JET_WHINE] section.
I set another [JET_WHINE] section to play the external electric current sound all the time from 0 RPM to MAXIMUM RPM, in a constant volume and in a constant pitch.
But of course it's better maybe have another way.
The same problem is with the external APU sound.
I tried to find the events of button clicks in the gauges folders that set what sounds to play but I didn't success.

Thanks!

Country
israel
If your a/c has less than 4 engines then one engine can be the APU
I don't understand it, the plane itself has 3 engines for flying like in the 727 for example with T form wing.
About the APU i don't know how many engines, but in the Simulator you see only one gauge for the APU. Does it mean that there is only one engine for the APU?
But about the A/C what you said, there are 4 switches for battery in the panel. Is that what you mean?

TurboCompound

Resource contributor
What he means is that (since fs has a limit of 4 engines) you can add an extra engine as a psuedo-APU, using XML code to keep it at idle. Us your sound cfg to define the APU sounds to this engine.

Alternatively, you can use Doug's XML sound gauge and control sounds directly. The only caveat is that it will be heard in all views unless you know what you're doing.

Country
peru
3 engines and T-tail, 4 battery switches, APU, sounds like a TU-154 :D
For FS-X, the XML sound gauge can report view status (cockpit/outside..) . For FS-9, use "(P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE)" (1=cockpit view, 2=VC, 3=tower, 4=spot, 5=top down)
You can use engine #4 as APU. Also, it will burn fuel!! And/Or use it as GPU by cranking the starter and flicking on the generator, above 10% N2 it generates electricity so to feed its own starter effectively becoming an over-unity energy creator. Starter will happily reach 22% N2 so this always works for jets!