• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

just confirm, did GPU ( ground power unit) doesn't work too?
let me think.

Hi Maryadi,
As said the GPU on the Metro doesn’t seem to operate properly without that patch so difficult to confirm.
The Metro without the patch was working but as said it is not something 100% reliable. Perhaps Bjoern can confirm better. Still searching something else among my library or even on the net that can confirm the APU/GPU functionality on turboprops. Will keep you posted on the findings, in the mean time let me know if you have something for me....
Thanks - Cheers
Rhino

I have FSX:SE, so I can't be certain, but I'm beginning to think that SP2 just doesn't have the APU implementation for turboprops. That may well be the trouble you're experiencing.

If it were me, which it's not, but if it were, I'd just wait for another sale, and buy SE. It can be very inexpensive. I bought it the day it came out for $5.00 USD. I can't afford much, and the price was right. I think I got a great bargain, personally, and I love FSX:SE. I used to only have FS9, but now, I stick to FSX. I only bought it to see what the hype about it was all about, and for that price, I could get rid of it if I didn't like it. Heck, even the regular price of $25.00 USD isn't all that bad, considering the price of boxed editions.

Sorry, not the greatest help, but the best I can offer, I fear...
Pat☺

I still have one doubt, I have always been suspicious about the possibility my simconnect.dll doesn’t work properly, do you think these issues may be related to that ?
Bottom note, I did not mean to use quotation marks in a derogative way, it was only to specify the patch applied, apologies if that gave you any inconvenience.

Cheers - Rhino
talking SimConnect.dll, can you open door with switch to auto, when switch to auto the door controlled via simconnect (key command will not work).
beside that, I not sure this APU problem related with SimConnect.dll

Hi Maryadi,
As said the GPU on the Metro doesn’t seem to operate properly without that patch so difficult to confirm.
The Metro without the patch was working but as said it is not something 100% reliable. Perhaps Bjoern can confirm better. Still searching something else among my library or even on the net that can confirm the APU/GPU functionality on turboprops. Will keep you posted on the findings, in the mean time let me know if you have something for me....
Thanks - Cheers
Rhino
for now is enough.

I can build my own APU, but I think it not worth. Because as I stated Osprey only work from FSXA and above.
for bypass (not recommended and not guarantee), you can do what @Bjoern suggestion and increase battery voltage to 28 volts.

I still have one doubt, I have always been suspicious about the possibility my simconnect.dll doesn’t work properly, do you think these issues may be related to that ?

No. The APU is a core functionality of FSX.

Bottom note, I did not mean to use quotation marks in a derogative way, it was only to specify the patch applied, apologies if that gave you any inconvenience.

Fair enough and no hard feelings.

P.S:
Pat's suggestion buying FSX:Steam during the next sale is your best ticket out. You'll get the content of Acceleration plus a few minor updates for less than you'd have to pay for Acceleration itself by now.

talking SimConnect.dll, can you open door with switch to auto, when switch to auto the door controlled via simconnect (key command will not work).
beside that, I not sure this APU problem related with SimConnect.dll

for now is enough.

I can build my own APU, but I think it not worth. Because as I stated Osprey only work from FSXA and above.
for bypass (not recommended and not guarantee), you can do what @Bjoern suggestion and increase battery voltage to 28 volts.

Thanks Maryadi,
I have appreciated your help trying to sort this out, I am really looking at FSX-SE since there is a good offer right now at less than 25 Euro you can get the game and the Wilco ERJ family in one go ! Once I have purchased it, I am confident that all should be fine with the Osprey as well.
Thanks once more.
Cheers

Rhino

No. The APU is a core functionality of FSX.

Fair enough and no hard feelings.

P.S:
Pat's suggestion buying FSX:Steam during the next sale is your best ticket out. You'll get the content of Acceleration plus a few minor updates for less than you'd have to pay for Acceleration itself by now.

Thanks Bjoern, @PhantomTweak,
I am just trying to figure out how to install my Wilco Airbus vol.1 and vol.2 under FSX-SE. Once I have got the info for that, the purchase is already planned. Most of my payware seems to be compatible so there is no reason for me not to move that way. And price is actually within budget so welcome FSX-SE, it will join the collection of FlightSim software collected over the last 30 years.... (started with FS4.0 in late 1990... time flyies when you are enjoying it.... )
Cheers

Rhino

I am just trying to figure out how to install my Wilco Airbus vol.1 and vol.2 under FSX-SE.

If you uninstall FSX boxed, FSXSE is treated as FSX in terms of registry entries or folder names, so installers shouldn't have much of a problem.
Installing side-by-side may require a bit of tinkering if the installers have not been updated.

@kalong Just a quick update,
Purchased FSX-SE, installed Osprey, ran the sim and...... all works fine now.
Thanks for the excellent package, great enjoyment with this bird ! It appears FSX-SP2 isn’t enough for the Osprey.
Thanks one again.

Now i have a new problem: the APU on the Metroliner... but that’s a different topic.
Cheers
Rhino

If the "GPU Plug In" light illuminates, you've got external power.

No it doesn’t that’s reason why I have a problem. The green light below Stby Pwr keep flashing and the GPU Plug in light doesn’t turn on. Brakes are on etc, etc.... but battery keeps draining.

No it doesn’t that’s reason why I have a problem. The green light below Stby Pwr keep flashing and the GPU Plug in light doesn’t turn on. Brakes are on etc, etc.... but battery keeps draining.

If it's a steady flash, it's normal. If it's more of a flickering, it's not.

If you load the aircraft, the FSX-internal APU is being started (you don't see it, you don't hear it, it doesn't use fuel). If you engage "STBY PWR", the RPM of the internal APU is above 95%, you're on the ground and not moving, the plug-in light and therefor the FSX-internal APU generator will enable. If any of these conditions is not fulfilled, the generator will disconnect and the light will disable.

That's all the code does.

Hey Maryadi,
Long time no see haha. I have just reinstalled your Osprey for the first time in about a month due to some technical issue regarding P3D itself. I installed some new shaders and shadows look great! but unfortunately the screens go dark with it and are not lit up like an "LCD". I remember you saying awhile back that you may know of a remedy for this? Have you still considered trying it?

is using panel.cfg correct? 32bit or 64bit
is Microsoft VS C++ 2015 redistributable installed?

Panel.cfg is 64bit and everything runs okay, inlcuding displays. Its just that the displays get darker with the rest of the plane when a cloud passes overhead. I do not have C++ 2015 installed. I got an error saying I had another version already installed. I have 2005, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2017.

must uninstalled previous redistributable prior to install new/latest redistributable.
maybe because the new shader make the screen darker.

must uninstalled previous redistributable prior to install new/latest redistributable.
maybe because the new shader make the screen darker.
Oh okay.. Im afraid if i uninstall any of them it will not let me use another application. For example, doesnt FSX require the c+ 2005 redistributable?? if I uninstall it FSX wont work properly anymore right?

Which one should I uninstall?

The conflict is with the 2017 version. You shouldn't need to uninstall the redists though. The problem is somewhere else.

All Visual C++ redistributables can coexist on the same PC (same as SimConnect). I have all versions from 2005 till 2017 (including service packs) installed and never had a problem.

If the screen is darker with the new shaders than without, the normal solution would be uninstalling said shaders instead of digging around any core libraries required by other programs.

Hey guys, sorry about the late reply.
So in order for me to install C++ 2015 redistributable, I had to uninstall c++ 2017 x86 and x64. This worked and let me install c++2015. When I started up P3D, I received an error saying that I needed c++2017 installed. But when I did reinstall the C++ 2017, it uninstalled 2015! I attempted this twice.

It seems like I cant have both installed. I found this excerpt on another forum: "The Visual C++ 2017 RC Redistributable is a binary-compatible in-place upgrade of the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and shares the same registry keys."
2018-4-7_9-3-50-501.jpg2018-4-1_10-20-8-178.jpg I just want to make sure that this isnt an issue Im having. Im pretty sure the displays are supposed to look like this. I just remember Maryadi saying that he might have a solution to dark displays when it is dusk or dawn. Now in my pictures it is midday, but the sun is blocked out either by clouds or shadow from the aircraft. The displays dont seem to have the "illlumination" effect created by LCD displays, and is a little hard for me to read the text. I was just wondering if Maryadi was going to implement anything for this. If not, its totally all good.

Have a nice Saturday guys!

Back