• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Recent content by L_Rob

  1. L_Rob

    P3D v4 Add-on Autogen Bug in P3D 4.4 and 4.5 + Workaround

    Hi guys, This just to say I believe that the LM team is aware of the reported problem.
  2. L_Rob

    Direct Sketchup support

    Hi Guys, Just to confirm, I do what Doug and Rick describe. In SU I just keep updating my psd saves as I work. But here is a little oddity that I discovered: when using .psd directly in SU, if a texture is skewed, when you export and open the model in MCX typically another version of the...
  3. L_Rob

    Direct Sketchup support

    Hi guys, I can think of one thing that would be useful but it would work within Sketchup with a Ruby script (I presume) and not require any changes to MCX. In spite of my best efforts, while building complex SU models I typically end up with a few textures that are slightly 'out of square'...
  4. L_Rob

    Prepar3D v4 support

    Thanks for looking into this Arno, and for working on support for v4 in general. All of a sudden it has become a hot potato. :(
  5. L_Rob

    Prepar3D v4 support

    Hi Arno, I certainly understand the lack of time so I hope you don't mind yet one more request: It would be great if the MCX attachpoint tool could be updated to support the new options in P3D v4. Among them is 'Visibility' as illustrated in the Learning Center (SDK > Content Creation >...
  6. L_Rob

    Two new simulators

    Sorry guys, some of what I wrote about dynamic lights in v4 was not entirely correct. Check the current SDK. I have to say it’s a little obtuse. The Fx Tool has a new section for adding dynamic lights; it does not look like you can directly modify an existing light to make it dynamic with the...
  7. L_Rob

    Two new simulators

    Hi Arno, Here is a request if I might: that FXE be adapted so it can work with the new dynamic lighting options in P3D v4. I find that FXE is so much more convenient to work with than FxTool. Drag and drop, see the effect immediately. The v4 beta version I checked out was a pain to use...
  8. L_Rob

    Display corruption when saving textures

    Hi guys, I tried all sorts of things to solve this issue without luck and finally gave up. But now after the Win 10 Creators update the problem is gone. So who knows...:)
  9. L_Rob

    Setting material template options

    Thanks for taking a look Arno. Right about creating templates Rick. I have a bunch of them... but sometimes I forget to use them on minor models. I guess I'll warn the beta testers I'm prone to this. :-)
  10. L_Rob

    Setting material template options

    Hi Arno, This is a feature request for the feeble minded who cannot always remember to apply custom material templates. Would it be possible to include the specular color for the default transparent and default opaque templates in the MCX options? Depending on the sim settings one chooses, I...
  11. L_Rob

    A nice mention of Arno

    https://fselite.net/developer-month/developer-month-interview-orbx-developer-marcus-nyberg/ I would like to second Marcus's appreciation of what Arno does for us all. Without Arno, I would not be able to do any of what I am doing now. Thanks Arno,
  12. L_Rob

    FSXA slow down a moving wake

    [editing to correct errors]
  13. L_Rob

    FSXA slow down a moving wake

    [editing to correct errors]
  14. L_Rob

    FSXA slow down a moving wake

    [editing to correct errors]
  15. L_Rob

    FSXA slow down a moving wake

    [editing to correct errors]
Back
Top