• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

2d panel scaling

It's an issue I never found an answer for and it has been bugging me recently while we were working on the Airbusses.
When we use a 2d gauge the height/width aspect ratio seems to be lost no matter what is in the panel config. Is there some trick I am missing?

[Window01]
file=../../Aerosoft A318_A319 Base 2018/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMG.bmp
file_1024_night=../../Aerosoft A318_A319 Base 2018/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMG_NIGHT.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=430,726
window_size_ratio=0.250
position=7
visible=0
ident=10021
window_size= 0.350, 0.750
window_pos= 0.650, 0.250
//sizeable=0

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
I've never bothered with window aspect ratios for that very reason. I could never get them to work consistently either, so I always size the gauges on the gaugeXX line. That doesn't seem to give any problems.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Some parameters are mutually exclusive. From the SDK:

windowsize_ratio: A multiplier for the size of the panel window (default is 1.0 for 100% of the original size). This is ignored if window_size is set.
For example, if the size_mm for a given panel is 200, 200 and the size_mm for the first panel in the panel.cfg is 1024 x 768, the given panel would occupy 19% of the screen in the x dimension and 26% in the y dimension, or a total of 5% of the total screen area. If windowsize_ratio value to set to 2.0, the panel’s x dimension will be 38% of the screen width; its y dimension will be 52% of the screen height. In total, the panel will now occupy 20% of the total screen area.

window_pos: Overrides the position and windowsize_ratio variables. Provide at least an x value, the y value is optional.

window_size The percentage of the screen to be taken up by window, from 0 to 1. If this is set, the size of the main panel is ignored for this panel and size_mm becomes irrelevant for determining the size of the panel window. (size_mm is still used for calculating the relative sizes of the gauges within the window).

More: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526956.aspx

So basically, all you need to have a panel take up 15% of the screen width is:

size_mm=200,600
window_size=0.15

Size_mm to define the window "canvas" dimensions and window_size to stretch it to 15% width.