• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA 3D objects and autogen

Messages
637
Country
unitedstates
Is there any way to place an object and not have it eliminate autogen within it's footprint? Such as for a polygon for ground texture placed above the flattened landclass. I tried posting under 3D objects, but it only went into a perpetual wait.

Art
 
Thanks. Since FSDS does not have NoAutogenSuppression available in project options, I compiled a model and also output an XML file, then modified the XML per the SDK to create the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<FSData
version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">

<SceneryObject
lat="29 04.676777"
lon="-081 02.772109"
alt="0"
pitch="0"
bank="0"
heading="0"
altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
imageComplexity="NORMAL">

<NoAutogenSuppression />

<LibraryObject
name="6D481E29373B4C22BD332DA006642A30"
scale="0.100000" />
</SceneryObject>

<ModelData
sourceFile="7fl6_residential.mdl" />
</FSData>

It creates a .bgl file okay, but it displays nothing in FSX. This same model can be placed with ADE and displays okay. Therefore, the problem must be with the .bgl file that is created from the above and placed in the FSX AddOn scenery\scenery folder. Any explanation for this?

Art
 
Did you copy the textures to Addon Scenery\Texture?

Also, that's an FS9 style GUID, but I if I'm correct the FSX bglcomp converts that. EDIT: confirmed

EDIT: ADE can add <NoAutogenSuppression/> to your placements, select the object, right click and choose "Edit Object". Put a check mark in "Do not supress autogen".



Jim
 
Last edited:
Hi,

I would first double check if the guid is correct.

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos
 
Hello:

I am curious if the <NoAutogenSuppression/> parameter actually works when placing an FS9 MDL-format static scenery object in general (and when doing so using its associated FS9-format GUID); I thought that parameter only worked with placement of FSX MDL-format static scenery objects (due to something being inherently different than FS9 in the FSX MDL structure itself, and regardless of the GUID format used for placement) ? :confused:

Thanks for any further clarification on this ! :)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Hi,

Only works with fsx objects, but looking at the xml code this is for fsx and a fsx mdl.

The fsx bglcomp does understand the fs2004 guid format as well.

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos
 
Thanks guys. The GUID was generated by the FSDS version for FSX. I have now copied the GUID from the model XML file to the placement XML file and changed the scale from 0.1 to 1.0, and that worked.

I'm glad that I was able to generate this as a separate .bgl file even though, as it was pointed out by Jim Robinson, I could have accomplished this with a simple selection in ADE. Jon Masterson thinks of everything.

Art
 
Back
Top