• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

3dmax import face mapping

Anyone know why when I import an object for the 3DS and try to map with the FACE happens this?
I do not know how to search it on Internet.
3dse.jpg

Country
spain
You are assigning new uv maps to the object, you should not touch the uv maps , just reassing the materials and textures. How ? it's another question, I can help here

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Bernardo seems to be on it: if the objects were mapped before importing into Max and you apply a UVW Map modifier in Max the previous mapping will be discarded.

Thanks for trying to help me
Had no mapping, no texture,
I have that new texture, and as are many buildings with the same texture, using the Face would be better and faster, but is difficult, box works normal, but the buildings are each in a position when I open the editor have several scattered mappings and is complicated to fix this.
as a photo below
3dsbug.jpg

Country
spain
A Little weird, as to what I can see I think you need to detach every building it seem the whole scenery be just one object. and texture one by one, apply an UV map to his face and texture.
Select "element" as subobject and "detach". that's all.

Last edited:
Country
spain
very right, you can texture any complex object just selecting face by face in the UnWrapp editor pretty easy and fast. but you can control better the texturing with little objects.

Do you mean its gets hard to map uv coordinates when many faces are in the model? Because of overlap? I'm assuming the op is ok with overlap. A simple way to keep clarity in the uv mapping, is to move each completed face a tile length or height of 1 upon completion. That moves it away from the main mapping window. Once all are done, you can move them back, or leave them alone if tiling is active.

Country
spain
I said with the textures in mind, a way to control the materials ( textures sheets) and the things not got messed fast.:eek: