• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 A little something from my home town, EFKU

Country
finland
Hello, and allow me to introduce myself, and a little bit of my work.

So I have been with simulators since the days of MSFS 98, and Ive allways wanted to create my own content, sceneries and planes for the simulators, and believe me there has been a number of times ive opened up GMAX or some other modelling software available, however allways not having the time and/or patience to learn the software so all attempts have allways stopped before they really began :laughing:

BUT!..... A little while ago after watching some videos about developing scenery with Blender I decided this time I am going to learn Blender and start modelling something.

So here I am, developing my first scenery, my very first anything to add to the flight simulator world.

The scenery is my local airfield EFKU - Kuopio, Rissala airport, no date yet for releasing...bare in mind that I am learning things as I go.

Something of a featurelist
  • High quality realistic model of the airport and its buildings.
  • Custom groundpoly and photoscenery (Big thanks for the photoscenery for a fellow scenery dev at fsnordic.net)
  • Custom HD quality texturing
  • Not at first but later on, seasonal texturing and variations
  • P3D v3 and highly possible FSX compatibility
  • Balanced for quality and VAS/FPS
  • Totally FREEWARE!
The current state of development is that the groundpoly is nearing its completion and the work will soon move to the modelling and texturing of the airport buildings and terminals.

Now for some pics:

Heres where I started

vGLWB

vGLWQ

vGLXu

And as things progressed and I started to learn the art of texturing:

vuEUz

vuEUS

vx6cr

And finally the current state of the project:

vx6cN

vEikZ

vEil2
vEil5

vx6d3

More Hires pics at https://puush.me/aekki/Gallery

Last edited:
Country
finland
Just a quick update here.

Working on highpoly model of the terminal buildings....and just a quick question to anyone who knows more about this stuff than I do, how does P3D/FSX handle modelled small details such as the window framing in this model?

58a38f3c69.jpg

Hi,

Nice work, by the way.
I would make a single polygon behind the framework of the windows and make that either (semi-) transparent and/or apply an environment map and a specular map to the windows.
The windows framework would also be one polygon with fully transparent parts where the windows are or (making the model more complicated) holes cut out of this polygon for the windows.
I am not sure what you mean by how P3D handles those details. But P3D is better than FSX with respect to the impact on the FPS.

Country
finland
Some progress made.

Have been synthesizing textures lately, the first part of the terminal almost complete...wouldn't have guessed that textures like a simple door takes a lot of work to make it look like it "belongs"

990b6fdf6c.png

Country
finland
Very sorry...I havent had the time to answer the questions posted, so...its currently summer and I am very busy with my day job and summer activities with my family so its very UNLIKELY we well see any kind of progress during summer months. But rest assured when things cool down here in Finland, im gonna get back into action :)

About the P3D v4 question...its highly likely that a V4 version will exist, just need to get my hands on it.

Have a good summertime people!

Country
germany
For your firts scenery it looks very good - congratulations. n a short time the summer will be gone and maybe you will find more time to work on. I think it would be worthwhile to work on the project no matter how much time it takes

Country
finland
Sorry for the absence of updates for over a half of a year! I have been very busy and haven't had the time to make progress with the scenery, all the spare time has been devoted to family and the rest for my dayjob. However, as of few weeks now, I have started to make the scenery from zero...Now, I know that may sound dissapointing to some, but personally I want to make this a high quality scenery for everyone to joy on, so I have spent a lot of time recently on developing my texturing and modelling skills to make this possible. And to finish things off, I have decided to make this scenery P3Dv3 and V4 only, so FSX gets dropped out.

Regards. Aku