• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

A question about windows

Messages
7
Country
spain
Hi, I am new to the modelling game for MSFS and have a question about cockpit windows.

I am using FSDS v3 and have tried in vain on many attempts to model an aircraft.

I have now decided to model a Horsa Glider, fairly easy I thought, no fancy body shape, no prop etc to worry about but I seem to have a real problem getting my head around how to cut out the windows.

I have tried following the Cessna 185 tutorial from Abacus but it doesn't seem to relate to my project.
If you have seen the Horsa Glider, almost half of the front is glass and they are small panes with ribs separating them.
I keep trying to align the cross sections and points around each pane of glass without distorting them to allow me to select the polys for the cutout but no matter how much I try I get into a right mess.
Is there something I am doing wrong or is there an alternative proceedure?

Many thanks

Kirk :confused:
 
Hello Kirk,

I Build with Gmax - and make it with Boolean.
FSDS is to heavy for me - Gmax is a little bit easier.

I build this Plane in the Moment:
Zwischenablage01-10.jpg





Try out this Site for good helps:

http://www.freeflightdesign.com/tutorials.html
 
Thanks for the response. I have now found a tutorial for FSDS and it makes windows using other tube passed throught the fuselage and then deleting certain polygons and making others. Seems very complicated but am working through it slowly.

You model looks cool.

Kirk :D
 
Yes Kirk - this is Boolean Operation.

It is very easy, but it likes some try and errors.

Thanks for the comment over my Model - it is my first
flyable Model.

It is a very nice Passion to build with 3d Programs.

Good Luck for your Modelling.
 
Kirk

Has it has been explained windows and such like use boolean to cut out the holes where windows are placed.

Again as explained it takes time and a couple of repeats of the tutorial to get it right. Perseverance is the name of the game.

Good luck with your project.
 
Kirk

Has it has been explained windows and such like use boolean to cut out the holes where windows are placed.

Again as explained it takes time and a couple of repeats of the tutorial to get it right. Perseverance is the name of the game.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks, like you said, it absolutely does take perserverance and after a couple of failed attempts I have succeeded. :)

Kirk
 
Back
Top