Ok, let me break this into easy to read (and perhaps address) statements.
1: What I'm trying to achieve is to take an aircraft to it's service ceiling at stated rate-of-climb. My understanding is that this facet is what determines an aircraft's service ceiling in the first place ie. it's ability to maintain stated rate-of-climb to an altitude. In this case it's 1100ft/min to 21300ft. Correct me if I'm wrong about this. At present I can generally only get to about 15000ft at 1100ft, I can nudge her up to full height but not that rate of climb.
2: So I've tuned up a Grumman Goose, every last inch of her. Not all parameters are exactly to the manual, but most of them are and produce, surprisingly, realistic response within the sim. I have however had to adjust a few scalars above and below 1.0 which according to my understanding is ok, just a way to adapt the real parameters to react correctly in the sim. Is this OK to do? Putting the exact real-life parameters in results in from what I can gather a very unrealistic flight dynamics model, so this has to be the only logical approach right?
3: I've removed the turbocharger and put in a supercharger which I've fine tuned to produce the right output and response within the sim. I'm using Real Engine to measure all the various outputs and they're all bang on (35.5" HG gives me 450HP @ 2300RPM MSL for T/O and 33.5" HG gives me 400HP @ 22000RPM for climb). As far as I can tell from experimentation, I can't change any of my parameters here because through experimentation I've found the combination to be the only one to produce the right output.
4: I've set the CSU parameters to give me realistic response to input (High - Low RPM settings, the ability to feather an individual prop at high RPM etc... I can even do a ground test to bring up pressures and temps in exactly the same way videos and manuals show without it tipping her over). I can increase the thrust scalar which does work to get her up at 1.4 but it overdoes it. Everything else about her has been tuned for 1.0.
5. I've been working on this for days... really I'm only doing it because I'm working on some sounds which I discovered is pointless until the aircraft is behaving realistically. So I need to get this sorted so I can get on with the fun stuff... SOUNDS! (And flying the damn thing. Ratio of editing to using is about 10000:1 at the moment). Does anyone have a shortcut or an idea that will help her get up there at the rate she's apparently capable of?
Any help or input much appreciated. Cheers.
1: What I'm trying to achieve is to take an aircraft to it's service ceiling at stated rate-of-climb. My understanding is that this facet is what determines an aircraft's service ceiling in the first place ie. it's ability to maintain stated rate-of-climb to an altitude. In this case it's 1100ft/min to 21300ft. Correct me if I'm wrong about this. At present I can generally only get to about 15000ft at 1100ft, I can nudge her up to full height but not that rate of climb.
2: So I've tuned up a Grumman Goose, every last inch of her. Not all parameters are exactly to the manual, but most of them are and produce, surprisingly, realistic response within the sim. I have however had to adjust a few scalars above and below 1.0 which according to my understanding is ok, just a way to adapt the real parameters to react correctly in the sim. Is this OK to do? Putting the exact real-life parameters in results in from what I can gather a very unrealistic flight dynamics model, so this has to be the only logical approach right?
3: I've removed the turbocharger and put in a supercharger which I've fine tuned to produce the right output and response within the sim. I'm using Real Engine to measure all the various outputs and they're all bang on (35.5" HG gives me 450HP @ 2300RPM MSL for T/O and 33.5" HG gives me 400HP @ 22000RPM for climb). As far as I can tell from experimentation, I can't change any of my parameters here because through experimentation I've found the combination to be the only one to produce the right output.
4: I've set the CSU parameters to give me realistic response to input (High - Low RPM settings, the ability to feather an individual prop at high RPM etc... I can even do a ground test to bring up pressures and temps in exactly the same way videos and manuals show without it tipping her over). I can increase the thrust scalar which does work to get her up at 1.4 but it overdoes it. Everything else about her has been tuned for 1.0.
5. I've been working on this for days... really I'm only doing it because I'm working on some sounds which I discovered is pointless until the aircraft is behaving realistically. So I need to get this sorted so I can get on with the fun stuff... SOUNDS! (And flying the damn thing. Ratio of editing to using is about 10000:1 at the moment). Does anyone have a shortcut or an idea that will help her get up there at the rate she's apparently capable of?
Any help or input much appreciated. Cheers.

