• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.20 wont work

Country
unitedkingdom
hi, Ive downloaded ADE 1.20 and it seems to install ok but when I try to run it I recieve the following error; "The application failed to intialise properly (0xc0000135).Click on OK to terminate" . Ive tried a reinstalation and download with the same results! Im running fsx on XP pro.4Gb memory.3Ghz dual core.7900Gt.XFi. Any help is apreciated as first posting and new to this forum!

Country
germany
Sorry to hear that you have problems with the program. I have not seen this error before.

Can you please find the log file (ade_200804.log) in the program folder and send it to jon AT scruffyduck.co.uk

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks for the prompt reply Martin.Unfortantely the file(ade_200804.log)you asked for does not seem to exist in the program folder or anywhere else.Ive searched high and low,reinstalled 8 times in various places and still no(ade_200804.log)file! I just keep getting that same error! Incidentaly I ran ver.1.05 with the same results.Hmm,Im baffled!

Country
germany
Mmmh. You have dot.net installed, otherwise the installer would have told you.

I don't believe that this can be caused by any antivirus / security software, but you might want to check by disabling it anyway in case you have one.

You are saying that the 1.05 version did the same thing. So it is not version specific. Have you seen this with any other program?

If the log file can not be found the program is crashing on initialization. Maybe it has something to do with you using 4 gigs of memory, but only Jon can give you an educated answer here. If you are happy with changing hardware things, maybe it is worth to temporarily try with 2 giga, and be it only to rule out this as a possible cause.

Let's see what Jon has to say.

Country
germany
It is XP, George. He would have need to take action to not run as admin.
And yes, I would not bet much money on the memory either, but it still might be.

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks lads, you put me in the right direction.I did not have .net installed! Ive downloaded it and the program is running ok now!lol. Thanks again,now I can explore the new features using the new ADE1.20.
What got me thinking was that previously ver1.05 worked fine but that was on vista.Ive changed to Xp for music sequencing needs and it must lack that program by default! Got another problem now while Im at it but not related to sceney design is that the Acceleration Expansion does not function correctly and crashes fsx repeatadly until uninstalled! Oh well,cant have it all I suppose!

Country
germany
Musicman, if you did not have Dot.Net installed, the installer should have told you. Do you remember if you have seen a Msgbox early during the installation?

Country
us-nevada
depending on how he did his Vista-to-XP transfer, maybe there was still a .net reference in the registry, and so the installer figured that all was well?

Country
unitedkingdom
No,there was no reference to ".net" made just that error report.It seemed to install ok until I tried to run it.As for the change over I hard formated the hard drive before installing XP including drive size partition.I also installed Acceleration SP2 before I ran the ADE install file.Not sure if there's anything in that? Anyway its working now,thats as far as my knowledge goes! :rolleyes: