FSX:SE ADE-SDK - Just making sure Im getting this right!!

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
As many are aware Ive had the week from hell.
For those interested the film is coming out and Tom Hanks is playing me:banghead:

Im now getting (attempting) my system somewhere near back to where I was.

Im now on steam Edition FSX and glad I am due to the raft of reinstalls I was forced to do due to the fact the experts in MS kept forcing version 1809 in to a machine which did not like it only likes the stable 1803.

Moving on: I seem to be ok with FSX Steam - Started adding one or two scenery projects back in and they work thus far as does one or two or my reworked aircraft - just taking it very slowly and loads of restore points on my new rig - Yep MS Broke me as well so forced a new rig out of the purse and will pay in off in blood

SDK is now my next scary addon - Why?. my confidence with the systems was blown to pieces by the MS experts - Oh Dear, how sad, never mind!
Ive noted the link that Bill and GaryB responded to about using the Prepar3D v4 SDK and install it for FSX:Steam edition . The OP stated that it worked "like a dream".

Ive downloaded the version referred to - But I held back because all references were made to the SDK creating L H folders and entries in the registry also flagged as L H/Prepar3D.
Im obviously being ultra cautious almost paranoid about adding in anything , even my passwords are checked multiple time before I hit enter ……….

any help/hand-hold just to get this in will be much appreciated guys

Gareth

Well, all I can tell you is that I have FSX:SE and I installed the P3D SDK v1.4. It seems to work very nicely on my system. I have the SDK installed on my C drive, and FSX installed on my D drive.
I didn't look through the Registry or anything, but when it installed it's self, it installed to a folder named SDK. Not anything super complex. All the expected sub-folders. Core Utilities Kit, Mission Creation kit, and so on. Not an LH folder to be seen.
Once again, though, I didn't burrow into my registry, but I can if you give me a hint as to just what key I should be looking for.

Does this settle the butterflies a little?
Pat☺

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Great thanks Pat. It's appreciated. I'll have to bit the bullet and go for it and see what happens .

Last edited:

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Thanks - Ill need all I can get.

However Pat, Its a learning curve and can bring some positives - just have work out what the heck they are lol