• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Aeronca "K" Modeling Project

Country
unitedstates
There I did it. I just committed myself to the mental anguish of seeing this through to completion. This is the E-113 engine that resides in the Aeronca "K".
The heart of my drive to bring out this model to FSX nativity. I've a long road ahead. http://sdrv.ms/12ax9vC

Already exported and tested in P3D, all is well at this point. Everything except my mind :D

With acknowledgements to;
Milton Schupe
N2056
Hairyspin
Tako_Kichi
Dev_One

Along with encouragement of others.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I can't seem to shake hands with mapping things just yet.
In the meantime I've created the appropriate propeller.

woodpropp.jpg

woodpropt.jpg

woodpropf.jpg

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Ahhh, thanks. It's nice to know there are people interested in this ole girl.
She's all about Low-n-Slow that's for sure.

Have a peek at the link in my previous reply from time to time. I generally toss the latest WIP additions in the folder as I add bits and pieces.

I just finished adding the pitot tube plumbing and am currently making the hardware to bolt things together on the struts.

Country
unitedstates
Thanks Bjoern.

Currently the frustration is getting the engine mapped. I'd planned on really polishing things up. You know, the tarnished appearance. Then add the much needed oily residue and carbon build up for make-up.

I'll keep the link you gave me handy for later use. ;)

Country
unitedstates
The nose is complete aside from repositioning a couple pieces, with a few other necessities added.
2232013nose.jpg

Grimes Nav lights.
2232013lights.jpg

And a shot of it in Prepar3D.
2232013p3d1.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Progress, 3-24-2013

Making progress.

I've got to say the feeling from modeling is rewarding. To think that this began basically from what looked like a piece of pipe closed at each end. Pushing here, pulling there (LOTS of that!) to form and shape. Modeling is simply amazing. Especially when you made it. My ability to do this would not be happening right now if it weren't for others on the SOH forum who have always encouraged me to try Gmax. Milton and Robert (N2056) always seemed make mention. Milton even more so after I worked with him on the Avia 51 Project.

For a few years now I have been chatting with with Robert (N2056), Larry (Tako_Kichi), Pam (Warchild). And several others who came on Teamspeak. Milton even popped on there from time to time. Milton, Robert, and Larry were never hesitant to assist me with tips, how-to's, and thigns to try and have helped me out a lot. Paul Dominique (Mechanic) has also given good advice, tips, and ideas to test and try. Hairyspin, Dev-One, (I know I'll forget someone) have also provided me with many tips and tutorials. If not links to very useful information. All those mentioned (and many others are why I am modeling at all. I had the desire. And I had the ability to visualize and create on several planes. Problem was I needed to learn a program so that I could create what my eyes see. That program, Gmax, is very frustrating. Damn cantankerous, fussy, glitchy, crash at ANY TIME, but great to get acquainted with program. Why, once Gmax and I got acquainted, we dance to soothing music together.
Of course, the band (Gmax) still sounds of a few clinkers (crashes) when you least expect it. On that I've learned that the "save" option is my best friend.

Those of you wanting to learn Gmax, DO IT! No matter the amount of frustration. No matter how intimidating all the features and settings make you feel when you look at it all. I installed/uninstalled Gmax at a minimum of two dozen times over the past three years!

I reflect back several years ago. Last year. It seemed my graphics was a fascination for a good amount of time. Repaints. That was addicting! It eventually got boring and was time to move on. And I'm glad I took that next step.

An update on my progress for those following. http://sdrv.ms/12ax9vC

Country
unitedstates
Extensive rework and additions. Nothing animated yet. No UVW. Currently building 3D gauges and the interior in general.

ak4262013lf.jpg

ak4262013lefta.jpg

Last edited: