• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

affect aircraft performance with external data

Messages
118
Country
israel
I wonder if its possible to affect aircraft performance with external gauges or special effect.

for example:
I want to emulate the sink occured when retract flaps, so I search parameter can reduce aircraft lift only when flaps is on the way up.

example 2:
I want to emulate forward slip so I search parameter can add some drag to the aircraft when nose below 10 deg or decided angle.

this thing I cant do with AIR of CFG files (simulator limit) so I search for alternatives way, maybe gauges or effects

do you know?
 
I want to emulate the sink occured when retract flaps,

The sim does this by design. If you wanted to make the effect larger, you could increase CL Df, the scalar for increased flap lift, in the air file.

I want to emulate forward slip so I search parameter can add some drag to the aircraft when nose below 10 deg or decided angle

I have absolutely no idea about what you mean by forward slip, so I cannot help there

Roy
 
I am even interested in a possibility to change the Cl on the fly. The F104 has a so called Bounder Layer Control (BLC). It is an additional increase in lift by blowing bleed air to the wings. This works as long as the engine operates above 80% and the flaps are in full down position. I did not find a suitable possibility to simulate the lost of lift for the case below 80%. Playing with hidden flaps move the visible flaps too. Changing the payload changes even the overall behavior because of the different mass. So if anyone knows the black magic to change the Cl via SimConnect , it would be really magic.
Regards
Mike
 
The spoilers are already in use. And the F104 has pretty visible spoilers as speed brakes. If there would be a control for a second set of spoilers, it would be an idea.
Thanks,
Mike
 
blowing bleed air over flaps configuration


[Flaps.0] // Flaps
type=1
span-outboard=0.50
extending-time=2.50
system_type=1
flaps-position.0= 0.0,0.00
flaps-position.1= 25.0,0.00
flaps-position.2= 40.0,0.00
flaps-position.3= 40.0,0.00
flaps-position.4= 40.0,0.00

lift_scalar=0.40
drag_scalar=2.0
pitch_scalar=0.700

[Flaps.1] // Blowing Bleed Air
type=1
span-outboard=0.500000
extending-time=0.000000
system_type=1
flaps-position.0=0.00, 0.00
flaps-position.1=0.00, 0.00
flaps-position.2=0.00, 0.00
flaps-position.3=0.00, 0.00 // activate bleed air
flaps-position.4=100.0,0.00 // working bleed air

lift_scalar=0.15
drag_scalar=1.00
pitch_scalar=0.500


Code for XML Gauge

Code:
<Element>
    <Select>
      <Value> 
          (A:FLAPS NUM HANDLE POSITIONS,number) 2 &gt;
             if{
               (A:GEAR CENTER POSITION, percent) 0 &gt; 
               (A:ENG1 N1 RPM,percent) 60 &gt; and
               (A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,number) 1 &lt; and
               (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 65 &gt; and
               (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 215 &lt; and
                  if{ (&gt;K:FLAPS_DOWN) } els{ (&gt;K:FLAPS_3) }
               } 
       </Value>
    </Select>
  </Element>
 
Last edited:
I am even interested in a possibility to change the Cl on the fly. The F104 has a so called Bounder Layer Control (BLC). It is an additional increase in lift by blowing bleed air to the wings. This works as long as the engine operates above 80% and the flaps are in full down position. I did not find a suitable possibility to simulate the lost of lift for the case below 80%. Playing with hidden flaps move the visible flaps too. Changing the payload changes even the overall behavior because of the different mass. So if anyone knows the black magic to change the Cl via SimConnect , it would be really magic.
Regards
Mike


in FSX, try using the variable angle of thrust through simconnect. Since bleed air robs you of thrust anyway, and thrust is equal to mass times acceleration, the lost thrust from vectoring your engines will be very close to the losses the real aircraft would experience, at the same CL. The exception being that all of the bleed air is probably vectored at a steeper angle, but the bleed system will not be able to hold the pressure or velocity of the engine exhaust, which greatly reduces the lifting force it would produce. If you have a CL chart for this condition...even better!
 
I'm not very knowledgeable about SimConnect. Others here may be able to help you with that. Try the documentation on Microsoft or P3D sites.
 
Back
Top