• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Aircraft Editor.NET Initial Release

Country
germany
It is done!

After a much longer period of fine-tuning, changes and bug fixes than expected I now feel that AIAE.NET can be released.

To write this tool from scratch in another programming language was a great experience. I hope you are happy with the result.

I would especially like to thank Pete Bramley, Sean Galbraith, Steve Holland and Hartwig Ulrich for their thoroughness while testing and for the many great ideas they have brought into AIAE.NET. It was a pleasure to work with you!

AIAE.NET is available for download in the MAIW Download Center and at The Owl's Nest. It will be successively added to AVSim and FlightSim.com in the next weeks.

Feature list

Code:
• application is self-updating via web
• application sending crash reports back to developer (hopefully you never see this)
• detection and support for FS9/FSX/FSX-SE/P3Dv1/P3Dv2/P3Dv3
• all fields in [fltsim.x] sections editable
• for all fields where it makes sense changes can be applied to all sections
• aircraft type changeable (normal, helicopter, AI)
• error checking for selected aircraft for:
     o duplicate [fltsim.x] sections --> if duplicates found you can renumber sections
     o duplicate titles --> if duplicates found you are asked to correct this
     o [fltsim.x] sections numbered --> if sections like [fltsim.xxx] are found you can renumber sections
     o [fltsim.x] sections in sequence --> if not true you can renumber sections
     o defined models found
     o defined textures found
     o defined sim (*.air) files found
     o duplicate non-[fltsim.x] sections
     o duplicate [fltsim.x] keys
• renumbering of [fltsim.x] sections
• sorting keys in [fltsim.x] sections
• remove all comments from aircraft.cfg
• format aircraft.cfg and align all comments at the same column
• edit wing_span value (with parking spot size calculator)
• edit FS8/FS9 model size in model file
• edit keys of the [general] section
• edit the [exits] section (needed for finger operation)
• easy removal of non-AI relevant sections
• easy removal of non-essential unwanted [fltsim.x] keys
• model viewer integrated (thank you, Arno!)
• model viewer optionally in separate window (great if you have two screens)
• texture list for currently loaded aircraft with detailed per-texture analysis (resolution, bit depth, compression, mips)
• texture viewer in separate window
• option to define external texture editor
• backup aircraft.cfg before each change
• removal and restore option for aircraft.cfg backups
• logging of all AIAE.NET operations
• optional tooltip help for every AIAE.NET element

Make sure you read the Manual (Help --> Open Manual). There are some know issues you should be aware of.
Please also make sure to check the acknowledgements so that you know which components from other authors I use in AIAE.NET.

And this is how it looks like:

aia1net-01.jpg

aia1net-02.jpg

aia1net-03.jpg

aia1net-04.jpg

aia1net-05.jpg

aia1net-06.jpg

Last edited:
Woaw...That is one crispy looking interface!
- How long have you been working on this .NET version?
- In what (other) language was you previous version written Martin?

Thank you!

Version 2 was written in VB6, Ronald. I started with .NET and with AIAE.NET when being down with the flue in the first week of February.

Awesome work, it been long time I didn't editing MAIW. hopefully this can did semi automatic/full automatic to make a traffic update. I have no time to customize traffic.

Hi Kalong,

If I understand you correctly you are looking for a tool that can make traffic conversions between FS9 and FSX/P3D? Then AIAE.NET can't help. My program can find many of the errors in 'aircraft.cfg' files that prevent traffic or aircraft from being displayed in the sim.

What you are looking for is Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner. That tool does every magic you will ever need for handling AI traffic.

Hi Kalong,

If I understand you correctly you are looking for a tool that can make traffic conversions between FS9 and FSX/P3D? Then AIAE.NET can't help. My program can find many of the errors in 'aircraft.cfg' files that prevent traffic or aircraft from being displayed in the sim.

What you are looking for is Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner. That tool does every magic you will ever need for handling AI traffic.
No, I mean update for schedule of aircraft. Not the aircraft .cfg. maybe i missed understood.

Kalong, for the update of aircraft schedule you need Don's AI Flight Planer (see link above).

Hi Martin, I realize this is an old thread and you may have moved on/upgraded but I cannot find anything else. Are you able to tell me if you are upgrading this to work with P3Dv4?

Good morning.
Yes, you can find the new .NET version with P3Dv4 support on MAIW, AVSIm and FlighSim

Back