• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Installation Issues

Country
us-ohio
Hopefully I'm just stupid and forgot to do a certain step when installing the AI traffic but...
anyone know how to correct this "over-reflectiveness?"
Model: TFS 777-200LR
Texture: juergenbaumbusch
Sim: FSX
shot42.png

Country
ca-quebec
I think you have to reduce the alpha value of the texture. Where did you download this plane?

EDIT. I found the texture. It's written that it's a P3D model. Maybe P3D and FSX do not handle texture's apha in the same way ...

EDIT. I have download the FSX/P3D Massimo Taccolli CL-415. With the same texture, the plane is sky blue with little reflexion in FSX and dark blue without reflexion in P3D. It is not the solution for your problem but maybe it is a clue for it!

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Oh hi, there actually is no P3D version of Massimo Taccolli's CL-415. Here is a link to his personal website http://www.maxtac.it/maxtac-en/ and you can see that he did not release anything for P3D at all. Perhaps you refer to the download at Rikoo, which almost certainly edited and uploaded his software without his permission, as they did the exact same thing with my own software.

So, this plane originally written by Massimo Taccolli and modified by the internet identity "Bluebear," for FSX, has sky blue textures in FSX and dark blue in P3D.

Country
ca-quebec
Yes this is it. However it is written that Massimo give his permission...

Last year I ask Massimo to adapt his FS9 model for FSX and he gracefully accepted and did. The model works fine in FSX but not in P3D. I tried to convert the model for P3D but too complicated for me! I will tell him if gave the permission to Rikooo to release the FSX/P3D model.

Country
us-ohio
So basically the texture was designed for P3D and I should look for the FSX version?