• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS AI models

Country
australia
Don't know if this question has been asked but for all the glory of the new sim, (and it does look incredible), the ai a330 and a380 look like absolute sh$#@!. Is it just me?

Country
southkorea
I can only assume it may indeed be a licensing issue, but then again, I'm at a loss as to why they couldn't simply make a lo-poly, but high-fidelity model of the Beech 36 Bonanza (instead of that ... bastardized version of the Bonanza (?)).

I definitely see that the turboprop single is a PC-12 and the airliner is ... well, the A320.

Country
unitedkingdom
The default AI are indeed fictional, it was implied that it was a combination of licensing/ wanting to encourage 3rd party development and the way it works with live AI. There are lots of possibilities for future development. You can of course enable the AI engine to use the full models in your library too, by changing the setting.

Country
australia
The default AI are indeed fictional, it was implied that it was a combination of licensing/ wanting to encourage 3rd party development and the way it works with live AI. There are lots of possibilities for future development. You can of course enable the AI engine to use the full models in your library too, by changing the setting.
Can you do that? Will that give you better looking AI?
Maybe that is something that nobody knows about. Must try. Thanks for the insight.

I have been working with the AI. The Megapack (V8) which has just been released as an addon, allows AI branded airlines for the A320 and 747. It also appears that the traffic file setup seems to be the same as FSX/P3D, which makes development a little easier.

Country
denmark
AIG is currently looking deep into what the current AI is and what can be done. There is a bug that leads to CTD when using FSX MDL files. And then the SDK is far from done, as we know. And the AI aspect is not really included. At least not the custom AI that AIG is known for.

Country
unitedkingdom
AIG is currently looking deep into what the current AI is and what can be done. There is a bug that leads to CTD when using FSX MDL files. And then the SDK is far from done, as we know. And the AI aspect is not really included. At least not the custom AI that AIG is known for.
How do you mean the AI aspect isn’t included? If you ignore the live AI I thought the “normal” AI was the same as FSX? I haven’t looked much further into it to be honest.

Thanks Johan, Yes, it looks a lot like they are using the Traffic tools formula (Traffic.bgl) for the AI, which appears identical to FSX/P3D. I have found the traffic.bgl file and decompiled it into the 3 traffic files. I have added 3 or 4 AI 738's which show up in the sim OK, but using the "Title" and subbing it for one of the AsoboA320 in the aircraft file, results in nothing showing.

I see user "Clink" has released a megapack for a lot of aircraft, and somehow he has managed to get the A320's (In this case, all the liveries) as AI, and yet the decompiled Traffic BGL just shows the default A320 in the title field in the aircraft.txt field and no other entries for the liveried A320's. So unless there is another traffic file somewhere, I'm stumped

Country
canada
Can you decompile other .bgl files? I want to get into the ASOBO_PROPS.blg in \fs-base\scenery\Global\Asobo_Props. I'm pretty sure this is where the road traffic models are stored.

Can you decompile other .bgl files? I want to get into the ASOBO_PROPS.blg in \fs-base\scenery\Global\Asobo_Props. I'm pretty sure this is where the road traffic models are stored.
No. This doesnt appear to be a traffic file, sadly....hoping it was (I'm using the old program AIFPC) but it decompiled the traffic file at F:\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic