• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX AIFP repaint install

Country
us-georgia
When I go to install repaints using AIFP it gives a error saying the fltsim.txt is not in the zip file when in fact it is in the zip file also when I do the flight plans in AIFP they don't show up and when I got the repaints for the aircraft. But all in all it's a wonderful tool

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Since no one else is reporting such an issue, this is almost certainly due to data sensitivity, assuming no "finger trouble".

I'm going to need a link to the repaint and, if you are installing from an AIG flight plan file, also that file.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
One thing at a time.

First, I need to be able to duplicate the "no fltsim" issue. Until that is resolved, we can't be sure the aircraft installed properly. Which of the numerous links to flight plans were you using. Can I presume the aircraft come with the flightplan? If not, I need a link to the aircraft as well. If the aircraft come with the flightplan, please identify with which aircraft you had this issue.

Into which folder did you install the aircraft? If not a stock folder, did you add the "Simobject" specification in FSX.cfg? Can you access the aircraft using AIFP's Aircraft Editor? If not, you've got a configuration problem as well - which explains why the aircraft don't show up as AI.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
awash2002, I can't fix what I can't reproduce.

Some of the flight plans I use does not have repaints for them.
That will certainly explain why the AI doesn't show up!

I've asked you twice now for specific information. Instead, you've sent me links to sets of flight plans and sets of aircraft that, presumably, include the flight pland and aircraft combination that caused your issue. But, you haven't identified the specify flight plan and aircraft involved.

I'm not going to make random attempts to duplicate an issue that is either machine configuration and/or data dependent. If you want my help, please provide specifics and/or, in lieu of a link, post the applicable .zips.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Depending on how you did the installation, AIFP probably saved the repaint zip in the AIFP\Repaints folder. I don't mind downloading the entire set of repaints (assuming there is no charge), but I still need to know which repaint caused the issue.

Think of it in terms of telling me - specifically - how to duplicate the issue.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have downloaded the indicated aircraft. The link in "msg696" to the flight plans was broken.

First, it is important to recognize that the aircraft file is not a repaint, it is an entire aircraft. AIFP's "Install Repaints" function is intended to install repaints, i.e., additional titles and textures for previously installed aircraft, not complete aircraft. While you could have forced AIFP to treat the file as a repaint, neither the Model folder nor the .air file would have been installed - which may explain why you don't see any AI aircraft.

Nonetheless, the situation was fortuitous since my investigation did reveal a minor coding error that resulted in a warning similar to the first error message you reported. (I was unable to find any place in AIFP which issued the exact error message you reported. The message I received was "The [FltSim.x].txt data for ______ is invalid/incomplete or the designated texture folder is missing from the repaint archive." In fact, it was the unnamed texture that was responsible for the message. When you report issues, its important to be factual.

Without knowing further details, I am unable to comment on the balance of your situation.

Don

Country
us-georgia
OK and thank you for your help Don I have decided that I will no longer be using AIFP or any of it's flight plans I thank you for your help but I have a disability and that is Autism so I may not be as factual as I should be and please forgive me for that

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I will no longer be using AIFP or any of it's flight plans
That, of course, is your decision. But, please understand, when someone reports a problem with one of my tools and provides misleading or erroneous information - albeit unintentionally, or doesn't respond with the information requested - attempting to diagnose the situation takes far more of my time than it otherwise would.

AIFP is simple to use (for the basics), but is so comprehensive as to initially appear intimidating. It allows you to enhance your experience with Flightsim in ways no other tool can. So, don't give up on it prematurely - or for the wrong reasons.

Don

Country
us-georgia
To me it is very intimidating as I have never used a tool like this before I mainly use WOAI so Don I will gladly take any advice on how to use AIFP that you can give me

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AIFP is very well documented in its 80-page user manual. That would be my recommended starting point. Please note that the user manual assumes some knowledge of Flightsim generally, e.g., which files to load and where to place them. If you have trouble in the latter area, the FSDeveloper forums are packed with information on every conceivable aspect of Flightsim. It's most unlikely you'll experience something new.

Finally, don't be afraid to experiment. It takes me longer to respond to a "will it" question than it would for you to try it. You can't do any real damage by experimenting - so long as you back-up occasionally.

Don

Country
us-georgia
I'll try it again I'm trying to figure out what flight plans and Ai aircraft I want to do but since I do all my flying on vatsim the Ai would confuse things