• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Alpha Channel

Messages
3
Country
france
Hello everybody,

I'm currently working on a scenery project and I have a question :

How can I create Alpha Layer like this one with Photoshop for example :
sanstitre1rk7.jpg


It is to made around a complex area, so I can't use the Gradient tool.

Thank you very much !

Best Regards,

Valentin
 
Last edited:
Hi,

Not sure if I fully understand your question, what you want to do is have a gradient alpha, but then created around a shape that is more complex?
 
Ok, clear. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that easily. I guess we would need a PhotoShop expert for that :).
 
I've got about 12 years of Photoshop experience, and I'd be happy to take a stab at helping. I just need a better idea of what it is you're trying to do exactly. If you can be more specific, I'm sure I could be of assistance.
 
Thank you ! So, i have a complex shape (not a cercle or a rectangle, it's something which lot's of curves), and I would want to make a progressive alpha channel around it (like the gradient alpha show above) in order to have a fully transparent shape at the exterior, and little by little something more "contrasted" at the interior.

I'm sorry but it's very difficult to explain this, my english isn't very good, i'm french...

Regards,

Valentin
 
I'm not a PhotoShop user (I Use Picture Publisher) but the technique is the same. After you've made your selection, you need to 'feather' it. You just type in how many pixels for the size of the blend.
I don't think that PhotoShop allows you to feather outside the selection (I'm a bit spoilt by Picture Publisher:), only inside, so you may need to invert the selection first, then invert it back when you've feathered it.
 

Attachments

  • feather.gif
    feather.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 561
Back
Top