• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Animation problem FSX

Messages
20
Country
netherlands
I have a problem to get the animation to work in fsx, I use the oil rig as test but no animation in the sim.

I know to do that I need to use the XANIM for that but how do I build the cmd for that ?

for non anim scenery I use %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /K C:\FSX_Tools\xtomdl.exe /DICT:C:\FSX_Tools\modeldef.XML /XMLSAMPLE that is working just fine.

How do I add the XANIM to this ? so that the animation will work in fsx. also if you look at the example oil rig there is a TestX.x and TestX.xanim do I just work from the TestX.x and that will take the TestX.xanim whit it ?

I use 3ds max 9
 
I have a problem to get the animation to work in fsx, I use the oil rig as test but no animation in the sim.

I know to do that I need to use the XANIM for that but how do I build the cmd for that ?

for non anim scenery I use %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /K C:\FSX_Tools\xtomdl.exe /XANIM /DICT:C:\FSX_Tools\modeldef.XML /XMLSAMPLE that is working just fine.

How do I add the XANIM to this ? so that the animation will work in fsx. also if you look at the example oil rig there is a TestX.x and TestX.xanim do I just work from the TestX.x and that will take the TestX.xanim whit it ?

I use 3ds max 9

when exporting from 3ds max tick the export animation and the skin boxes. when running XtoMDL.exe add the above shown-inserted /XANIM

X and the xanim files should be together in the same folder. xanim file will be taken care of.

Hope this will clarify

kthy2003
 
Back
Top