Animation

Hi All, I need your help.

I try to use animation for one object (i.e box) and I put tick_18 prefix. After I export and compile to FS9, everything is OK. The object can move as I preferred. The problem is the transparant object nearby also move following that object, even I've checked that I did not include that transparant object for animation. This is different when I saw in perspective mode in Gmax.

Pls help

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Flyer,

That is interesting. I have not noticed this before. But transparant objects give trouble with MakeMDL more often. Did you make them transpart in the material properties? I will try to see if I can reproduce this here (to see if it really is a MakeMDL bug).

i had that same same problem with my windsock....i textured my windsock and had an obstruction light on top...the lens was transparent and when the windsock moved...so did the transparent lens...never figured a way to correct it and wound up changin the transparent lens to no transparent.

Dave

arno said:
Hi Flyer,

That is interesting. I have not noticed this before. But transparant objects give trouble with MakeMDL more often. Did you make them transpart in the material properties? I will try to see if I can reproduce this here (to see if it really is a MakeMDL bug).

I made them transpart by setting opacity to 50-99 (in the material editor). When I set the opacity to 100, the transparant object did not move.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sounds a lot like a MakeMDL bug :). Haven't had the time to look at the source code yet.

Yes this is a bug in the makebgl. I've reported this here as well as other forums and nobody has any clue as to a work around. And you are totally correct it is linked to the fact that you have an object in close proximity to an effect that has a opacity property that does not equal 100%. I discovered this with my tower cab windows which were 45% opaque and a the obs lights lens which were also 45%. As soon as I placed the obs effect inside, close to, in the near vicinity of my "glass" the effect didn't work and my glass got shifted ~20` on one axis and 90` and another. Placing the glass underground next to my tower. Make all your "glass" 100% opaque and life is good.