FSX Animations in general

Hi everyone. I'm in the midst of doing all the animations, and I'm wondering if there is possibly a list of some sort, that shows designated animation settings (0-100/100-200) that should be used for specifics. IE: Elev, Aileron, Rudder, Compass, Struts etc, etc. Is there such a a thing available anywhere?

n4gix

Resource contributor
It's in the modeldef.xml file. Look for the object and see what the max animation keyframes are set...

For example, this one is set for 100 frames:

<Animation name="l_aileron_percent_key" guid="bad53e9a-1958-4b22-90fe-23513d121db3" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="l_aileron_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />

It's in the modeldef.xml file. Look for the object and see what the max animation keyframes are set...

For example, this one is set for 100 frames:

<Animation name="l_aileron_percent_key" guid="bad53e9a-1958-4b22-90fe-23513d121db3" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="l_aileron_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
Knowledge is king. I'm fortunate of people like you, Bill. And several others here (and SOH) who have come to my aid and help me along as I learn this stuff. Animations for me, are a little intimidating.

Thanks for the leads. Modeldef.xml found and noted for future reference. Very useful info.

Last edited: