.asm editing

I can say that I have some expirience wit gmax but I still dont understand how to create .asm from gmax model.
I am using FS2004 gamepack , and when I export my object as scenery .mdl .asm is not created. Am I doing something Wrong? :scratchch

My second question is about .asm files itself.
What shoul I do with them when I manualy edit them? Can I make new .mdl from that .asm? :banghead:

Please HELP ME!!!!
and sory for my bad English!

Rasa

To the first question i can give you this explanation from "arno", which he gave me in a PN:

Gmax does not save these files by default. You will have to ask it to do so.

If you are using the Fs2004 gamepack, the easiest way is to make a file called makemdl.cfg in your plugin folder where makemdl.exe is also located. In this file you need to write:

Code:

[Options] Keep=1

After that the source files should be saved.
To the second question:
The asm file says not to edit it manually. (can cause problems)
why do you want to edit it?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

To save the asm file it is indeed easiest to make a file called makemdl.cfg in your plugin folder (where makemdl.exe also is) and write this text into the file:

Code:
[Options]
Keep=1
After that you can recompile the ASM file into a MDL file using BGLC_9. This tool is available on the BGLC tweaking forum here.

And about the warning in the ASM not to edit it, I never look at that :). There are just some features that MakeMDL does not support and then you will have to tweak the ASM files yourself (why would you want to save them if you don't want to tweak them?).

roger that!

Of course I would like to tweak them. My problem is in ground polygons....
I have read some of the posts here about tweaking the ground polygons so I desided to try to do so.
That's why do I need .asm for.
:) I'll try to do that exsactly the way you explained.

Just One question

There is Just one question!
How can i create new model .mdl from tweked .asm files using BGLC_9?
Can anybody explain it to me? I need step by step procedure please! :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

You can either compile the myfile.asm file with BGLC_9 (not the myfile_0.asm). If you drop it on BGLC_9 you will get a BGL file, so you need to rename it to MDL yourself.

Or you could try my CompileHelper tool. With this tool you can just drop it on the tool and it will recognise if your file is a BGL or MDL file. It will then create the proper output for you (and show you any compiler messages).