• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Autogen Annotater

Messages
148
Country
us-california
Hi,
In the SDK Autogen Setup section there's a line that says "To use the tool, make sure the file default.xml is in the same folder as Annotator.exe. The default.xml file is in the Flight Simulator X/Autogen folder." By default it is not. Nothing more is said about how to address the problem. I don't know enough to correct this so I'm requesting advice on what to do.
Thanks,
Jim F.
 
While checking "Autogen - Editing with Annotator" in the Wiki here I found:
"Before using the tool for the first time, you must copy the default.xml file from the Flight Simulator X/Autogen folder, to the same folder as Annotator.exe.
Note - Ensure you are not using a modified version, otherwise all users will require your modified default.xml."
Now to continue my reading.
Jim F.
 
I look and see the file default.xml in my \Autogen folder. Is Windows not showing it to you because of one of it's secret settings?
 
Hi LC,
I saw default.xml in my Autogen folder and copied it to the Annotater.exe folder per the instructions provided in the Wiki. I posted to show that I had solved my problem and wanted to show how. I was also trying give credit to the creator of that portion of the Wiki.
I seldom make myself clear. Thanks for your help and I still haven't gotten back to the SDK.
Jim F.
 
Back
Top