• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Autogen/annotator question

Messages
92
Country
italy
Hi to all:)
we're, working on a new Como lake scenery, with photoreal multi-seasonal textures ; I added first some objects/buildings GMax made and, then, we're filling the area using SDK Annotator. As the Autogen result, closed to the placed objects, nothing is done :confused:: I'm assuming the scenery objects "push-down" the autogen. It is right? :confused:
Once more: in some areas, without any scenery object, we put Autogen trees, following the annotator procedures (Proprieties, Vegetation, Custom Vegetation, Veg Class 1&2 defined with min/max height, Relative Density on half, Overall Density to 100); after the agn saving the scenery shows only few trees :confused: : it is possible and how to do for increasing their density?
;)thanks in advance for any help
Aldo

PS: I forgot to indicate : FS9
 
Last edited:
the Fsx objects exlude any autogen model, as to the vegetation I couldn't see that effect, I can't say.
For the buildings the only weird thing I saw was that I had to set the secenery slider to very dense to can see all the buildings otherwise you will see very few of them.
 
Hi,

I think the bounding box around your scenery objects could have something to do with it but I am not sure at all.
Perhaps try to recompile the placed objects without a bounding box and see what happens?
 
Hi,

Yes, it is normally in the area that the bounding box covers that all autogen is removed. So keeping the bounding box small will help to keep as much autogen as possible.
 
Autogen, to begin

hi all :)
thanking Tejal Bernardo, Robystar and Arno ;) for the prompt reply,
I come back to Annotator asking to specialists for suggestion as follows.
As me and some friends are starting new projects (Como lake :eek:), I found an other simmer (at the beginning) that likes to join the group for autogen matter.
After autogen intallation (autogen_sdk_setup.exe, placed under FS9 in a created folder), we created/saved an .agn test. (annotator's operation regular). Then we started FS9 but anything :confused: appeared in that area ??!. I repeated the procedure at home (my FS9/PC) and the scenery runs correctly :p ... avoiding the wellknown "suppressions" closed to the pleced objects.
I/we thanks very much in advance the friends that will help us for the :D solution.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38829151/FS9/011223221323100Su.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38829151/FS9/011223221323100an.agn
bye ;)
Aldo
PS: friend's PC i5, FS9 autogen setting 100%
 
Last edited:
Back
Top