AutoGen disappears

I placed a scenery object and added a GEN_SceneryEffect. Not sure which or if both is causing it, but placing these in the middle of a forest wipes out a HUGE clearing - devoid of trees. As this is supposed to be a SAR mission for a downed pilot, it kind of makes it obvious where to look. Any idea what might be causing this "clearing" of autogen objects?

Can it be that your placed object made something like an exclude around it? Or it can be the scenery effect. A solution how to around this I don't really have. Normally you can alter the asm of the object to get rid of it (if I'm not wrong). For the scenery effect you need to alter the xml code if I understood everything like it should yesterday :)

Maybe this can help you...

hcornea

Resource contributor
Standard behaviour for scenery objects in FSX is to suppress autogen in an area equivalent to the bounding box.

The </noautogensuppression> tag in the xml placement file.

Thanks, but I guess I didn't make it clear that I'm creating a mission - using the Object Placement Tool. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the size of the bounding box for stock objects. - Or is there?

hcornea

Resource contributor
AFAIK there is no way to change size of a bounding box, short of editing the object itself.

What i suggested above was to add properly formatted NoAutogenSuppression tags to the xml file that places the scenery object (ie the one objectplacer creates)

Can I bump this thread, please?

I've noticed this auto-gen suppression a couple of times - mainly within missions generated by IMM, but sometimes when objects are placed by the SceneryObject element (using FSXME).

hcornea (sorry I don't have your name) - could you give a little more detail on the NoAutogenSuppression tag in XML, please? I must admit that this level of coding leaves me at a loss! Thanks.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

EDIT: Looking at the SDK, is it as simple as inserting a line

"LT"NoAutoSuppression/"GT"

into the SceneryObject's XML?

Last edited: