• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Autogen gone, MCX?

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Messages
935
Country
pakistan
Working on a scenery, stuck with no autogen around the airport as seen in the picture below, is there anyway to get it back?

The objects around the airport are causing the disappearance, i've exported using FSX gamepack and then placement is done through MCX.

Didn't find any option regarding placement of 3d objects without excluding the autogen around airport. I don't care about flickering shadows,

I've also tried placing autogen files higher than the 3d objects but it gives same result.

Any help would be appreciated. Project on a critical stage;

PROBGIL_zps71f117b4.jpg
 
Hi,

For fsx mdl objects there is an option to prevent autogen exclusion. You can set this option in modelconverterx as well when placing objects. For ground polygons there is an option in the ground polygon wizard to keep autogen.

Be aware the autogen is excluded for the entire bounding box, that might be bigger than your actual object if there is some rotation involved.
 
For fsx mdl objects there is an option to prevent autogen exclusion. You can set this option in modelconverterx as well when placing objects.

Can you kindly mention where to find this option? I am using "convert and place object wizard", can't seem to find it anywhere there!
I am using the heading 251.52 while placing object, I think that has nothing to do with the bounding box, it should remain the same! I am tired of this bounding box

P.S.Thanks for the fast reply arno
 
Last edited:
Hi,

I would have to check, but I think that option is not available in the wizard. You would have to use the normal object placement form for that.

The heading you use to place the object does not matter indeed, but if the object already has some rotation in the mdl file itself that would.
 
I would have to check, but I think that option is not available in the wizard. You would have to use the normal object placement form for that.

Having difficulty doing it.

I believe there was a piece of code for XML type placement files that if you added to them would prevent this from happening, can you post it over here?
 
SOLVED

Found that little piece hiding in the autogen but then again it was spelled as SUPRESION instead of SUPRESSION in the SDK. And secondly I was not entering it in the right place.

Thanks to all who actually gave a thought to this problem.

Code:
    <SceneryObject

                   lat="35.918785" lon="74.333642" 
                   alt="0M" pitch="0.0" bank="0.0" 
                   heading="251.519997" altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" 
                   imageComplexity="SPARSE">
                   <NoAutogenSuppression/>              
<LibraryObject name="{793fe062-d84c-43bc-be80-4e21397494e7}" 
                       scale="1.0"/>
    </SceneryObject>
 
Back
Top