• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Autogen SDK - which file?

Country
france
Hi
It's been a long time I would like to use the Annotator but I don't know how to use it. :banghead: In fact I want to add some buldings around my aiport (UWGG) but I don't know which file to open?!!!!!
I read that I can use Tcalc but it gives me the file with a lot of numbers like 013222222222222Su.bmp but can't find it in FS folder.
I have no idea which file to open!
Please, if someone could explain it to me...
Thankx

Country
us-arizona
Doubt anyone can tell you exactly where a file such as that one is, if it even exists on your computer. Easiest way to see if it does it to do a search through Window's Explorer for that filename. It's probably somewhere within your addon scenery directories.

Art Martin

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

That file will only exist on your computer if you have a photo scenery around your airport. Else you will never be able to find the file (and you can't use custom autogen without photo scenery as well).

Country
france
I made a search but of course this file was not found.
But you can use in Annotator any file from the the scenery/world/texture folder and modify it but you can't know in which place you will see the results. Right?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You can also change the AGN file of the default landclass textures, but this will affect the entire world. Not only around your airport. So in general this is not what you want.

Making an AGN file for other textures does not make sense, as autogen only works on mesh scenery.

Country
france
And is it possible to change the AGN file? As I understand in this very file the information about lan/lon is stored. SO the idea is to make a copy of these files, modify with the annotator and enter the lat/lon position of the place I am interested in, so in this way it will be a unique file that will affect only the place i want :scratchch

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I think Art can tell you for sure, but as far as I know no lat/lon is stored in the AGN file. It just defines the autogen across the texture of 256x256 pixels. And on every location where this texture is used the autogen is the same.

If you want to place objects at a certain lat/lon you can better use a normal XML file to place your objects.

Country
france
Thanx Arno,

But actually what I want to do is to modify texture near the airport, to put more light and so on, I want to do it with paint shop or something, but there are no unique files for this area like for Paris for example.

So which file defines which texture to use in this or that area?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If you want to change the texture type used your can make a new landclass BGL. That why you can assign which of the default textures is used.

If you want to use custom texture for this area, you will have to make a photo scenery. That is the only way to get a specific texture with its own AGN file.