• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 Autogen vegetation shift?

Messages
293
Country
us-virginia
I've been using the autogen annotator to place vegetation on a photoreal I am working on. The problem I am having is the trees I place in annotator are shifted north about 5 meters in sim. So, I resorted to compensating for the shift in annotator which is quite sloppy as it's hard to compensate perfectly. Does anyone have any tricks or suggestion to deal with this shift? The airport elevation I am working on is around 5000 ft.

Cheers,

Todd
 
Hello Todd, fancy seeing you here :)

Yep, this occurs a lot, been through this issue on loads of airports, best way around it is to NOT move any tree veg boxes until you are 100% completed, then select the lot, hold down control and move everything together while holding left-mouse button

Cheers
Tim
 
Last edited:
Hi Todd,

Are you using polygonal vegetation or rectangular vegetation? I haven't tested at high altitude a lot, but would be interesting to see if we can understand this offset (like I did with the building orientation offset a while ago).
 
Great solution, Tim!

Arno, I'm placing trees individually. I'm first drawing a small rectangle for each tree, then I copy each individual tree and place by hand by right clicking.

There has always been an offset issue at airports around 1500 feet and above when placing objects with instant scenery 3. For some reason, I didn't think the autogen annotator would do the same thing, but it makes sense that it does.

Todd
 
Ok, I'll have a look later to see if I can understand the logic behind it.
 
Back
Top