• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 BGL Lights multiple placement?

Country
unitedstates
Hey Ive successfully crated my bgl light and gmax model with help from Jim. On the flipside when I use EZ scenery and select my light to place it shows up like this, with two GUIDs (The model and Light) Would I have to place them all individually? Or is there a script that can make this easier?

I noticed this thread, but its for effects only correct? http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1518

light2g.jpg

light3e.jpg

Thanks, Ryan

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If you made it as two separate MDL files, you will also have to place them both separately. If you don't want that, you need to create them as one model.

Country
unitedstates
Hmm This is weird because I made the one model in Gmax. then the box with the attachpoint, exported it, and still I get these two models. is there a model combiner? In the XML I have two models (The bgl light and the Taxiway model itself)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

What did you attach? An effect file? In that case one MDL should be fine. I am not sure where your second MDL file come from then.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If you attached one object to the other, you only need to place the one you attached it to. The other one is called from that object.

Country
unitedstates
Hey Arno, Ive come to a road block. I have successfully made my BGL Light as one model and I think it looks great!

However; in gmax I want to try the spacing tool. So the only reference on where my taxiways and runways are is on my .gmax file my layout. But here is my problem...

I went to File --- New ... Keep all objects and hierarchy. I wanted to import my light, space them correct, then delete all the taxiways and runways so I will have nothing but bgl lights, then i can export it and compile. But how do I import my gmax model of my taxiway light so I can create the line and space it along the taxiway? Or am I doing this entire process wrong?

May I have your guys tip and suggestions?

Thanks, Ryan

Last edited: