• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Bgl size

Messages
56
I want to know if a satellite imagery with different LOD can affect the BGL size?because when I compile an image with different LOD to a "BGL",it becomes so huge in size. Also when I add blend and water mask, the final bgl size becomes too big.
I wonder what are the factors involving the final bgl size.
 
Included LODs certainly affect the bgl size.

The area covered also affects the size, even if blended out.

This can be minimised by using a NullValue = ,,,, argument to remove data that is blended out.

Best compromise is to use this, with Compression of 85 to 90 which gives best combination of resolution and filesize
 
Thank you hcornea
I didn't hear about NullValue = ,,,,.I'll give it a try
and because my main purpos is actually night texture, I don't much care for the image quality of daytime.
So I want to know what is your recommendation? Considering I just want it for night texture. Do you recommend that I use lower LOD like 16 and compile it with higher compressor quality like 85, or I use higher LOD like 18 and compile it with lower compressor quality like 65? Which give me better size versus quality.
Thank you
 
Back
Top