• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX BGLC_9 doesn't keep _LM

Messages
1,269
Country
us-northcarolina
While attempting to get our night lighting working, I ran into a big issue. I have tweaked the ASM and _0.ASM codes to allow for no autogen exclusion and for the poly only to show from dusk til dawn. Everything works great, except for the fact that once I recompile the .BGL through BGLC_9 after tweaking the ASM files, the lightmap disappears out of the model :eek: (verified by looking at the material editor in MCX.)

Attached are the two .ASM files...

I've been messing with this for 3 days and am out of ideas :whiteflag
 

Attachments

Hi,

Try using TEXTURE2_NIGHTMAP instead of TEXTURE2_LIGHTMAP. The one you use now is also supported for aircraft textures, while nightmaps also work on scenery. I guess that is why the compiler drops it.
 
Hi,

Try using TEXTURE2_NIGHTMAP instead of TEXTURE2_LIGHTMAP. The one you use now is also supported for aircraft textures, while nightmaps also work on scenery. I guess that is why the compiler drops it.

Tried that, but I get an error message.

Code:
Assembling: D:\WORK\AIRPORTS\KEZM\EZM-GROUND-LIGHT.azn
D:\WORK\AIRPORTS\KEZM\ezm-ground-light_0.asm<33> : error A2006: undefined symbol: TEXTURE2_NIGHTMAP
TEXTURE_DEF<2>: Macro Called From
D:\WORK\AIRPORTS\KEZM\ezm-ground-light_0.asm<33>: Include File
BGLC: Error!
 
Hi,

Sorry, my mistake I looked wrong, it is TEXTURE2_NIGHT (there is also a TEXTURE_NIGHTMAP but that is not what you need).
 
Back
Top