Bug Reports

Here is my KML file. I tried added another row of houses with a different tag so now one is of bricks the other of some other material. One is just NE of the airport but you will only see a brown deserted place without houses. The other is just northwest of the small lake that is near the airport runway. Again, only a brown road is shown.

As you see on my KML the houses are the last thing in the list so they should have been rendered after everything else yet none shows.
Here is screen shot. Did you set scenery complexity to normal in FSX?

Attachments

I forgot to mention that in the big island just NW of this one where the houses are, there is a beach on the north side of the island. There there is a clearing that was tagged with the suburban no-grid landclass but that small town never shows either.

I just checked my system, on my display settings my scenery is set to Medium High, and then in the customize settings dialog on the Scenery tab I have both scenery complexity and autogen density set to Normal.

Yet on my system it never shows. Also, those houses look kind of ugly, is there a way to change that? maybe I will just be better off placing individual scenery houses only I don't see any tropical house on any of the standard scenery objects :(

Access violation

Hi!

When pressing "Choose folder" on the build tab I get the following message:

"Access violation at address 0061F504 in module FSX-KML.exe. Read of address 00000000."

This has resulted in the path has been changed and FSX-KLM does no longer find the Terrane SDK files. The textbox with the path is not editable and I am not able to change it back to the right path. Is there an INI file where I can change the path?

I use Windowa Vista.

Paul

Hi!

When pressing "Choose folder" on the build tab I get the following message:

"Access violation at address 0061F504 in module FSX-KML.exe. Read of address 00000000."

This has resulted in the path has been changed and FSX-KLM does no longer find the Terrane SDK files. The textbox with the path is not editable and I am not able to change it back to the right path. Is there an INI file where I can change the path?

I use Windowa Vista.

Paul
I'm using XP. I wonder if everyone with Vista has this problem?

On my system the INI file (FSX_KML.INI) is stored in the C:\Windows directory and contains the following information:-

Code:
[Options]
FSXFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
TerrainSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK
RunSDKTools=1
CopySceneryToFSXAddonFolder=1
AutoReversePolygonHolePoints=1
OutputFolder=C:\Matthew\FSX\KML Projects\NSW\Output
RememberWindowPositionAndSize=1
BGLCompSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK
FWToolsFolder=C:\Program Files\FWTools

build problem

Hi!

Thanks MatthewS, I think I have been able to work my way araound the problem.

An other problem: I am trying to make a landclas poly with airport2 texture, but the kml file fails on one of the sdk tools. I have attached the cmd promt (in norwegian, but anyone who knows anything about this will understand what is happening)

Still on Windows Vista

PS: I have tried to attach the KML file without success.

Last edited:
Thank you Meshman, I was sure I had found a bug, but you were right. As I said, anyone with the right knowlege would understand the cmd promt in norwegian.

Last edited:
Ok... sorry this took so long.

I had a look and to create a lake and island you need to be using a water polygon and polygon hole (for the island).

I have attached a sample KML (i had to rename as .txt to upload it)

You will notice that I set the elevation of both the lake and island to 165 feet. (see the Vertices tab)

I determined the correct height by turning on the elevation layer in Google Earth which then tells you on the status bar the elevation of the point under the mouse cursor.

Hope that works for you.

Attachments

Ok... sorry this took so long.

I had a look and to create a lake and island you need to be using a water polygon and polygon hole (for the island).

I have attached a sample KML (i had to rename as .txt to upload it)

You will notice that I set the elevation of both the lake and island to 165 feet. (see the Vertices tab)

I determined the correct height by turning on the elevation layer in Google Earth which then tells you on the status bar the elevation of the point under the mouse cursor.

Hope that works for you.

Sorry for the long time i took to answer...
It works !
Thx a lot ! :D
I go to do all my city !:cool:

FSXKML doesn´t compile

Hi,

I have downloaded FSXKML v.1.10, install it, and setup the paths to work properly. But it doesn´t. Some trouble is when trying to build the BGL file. Attached are two images with screenshots of what I got. The errors in DOS prompt are in spanish, and means "system couldn´t find specified route", and "system couldn´t find specified file". I check the paths and are fine, also have installed FWTools 2.2.1.

My system is WindowsXP SP2, and I'm using FSX SDK SP2. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

The problem is when running Run_SDK_Tools.bat

More information at http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10395&highlight=fsxkml

Last edited:
Siplits Decimal and Thousands Seperator

I am using Windows Vista with Turkish settings and FSX KML 1.1.
For some database settings I had to change decimal seperator to comma (,) previously a dot (.) and change the thousands seperator vice versa. With these settings in KML when I need to change the altitude of a polygon I see that it splits the lattiude and longitude values and mixes up everything.

I swithced back to original settings, dot for decimal comma for thousands sep. and all go back to normal.

bug square landclass

Hello, im french and i learn english, so maybe you will donc understand ^^

i made a photo real scenery of tahiti, but the original island exceeded from my coast line, and i have FSX landclass around my island =S

so i used FSX kml to remove the island

now i have big square of landclass around all coast on the world (nice, new york, everywhere there water)

after 2 or 3 kilometers we can see water

how to remove this and see the basic landclass

Thank, i hope you understand, sorry for my bad english

have good flights

I'm using XP. I wonder if everyone with Vista has this problem?

On my system the INI file (FSX_KML.INI) is stored in the C:\Windows directory and contains the following information:-

Code:
[Options]
FSXFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
TerrainSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK
RunSDKTools=1
CopySceneryToFSXAddonFolder=1
AutoReversePolygonHolePoints=1
OutputFolder=C:\Matthew\FSX\KML Projects\NSW\Output
RememberWindowPositionAndSize=1
BGLCompSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK
FWToolsFolder=C:\Program Files\FWTools

Cant find that ini file....(someone else said that he created) can it be created? and if yes what is that to be writen? (i have the problem with the Access violation when try to set the location for the files.I use win 7 64b )