• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Buidling under ground

Country
sweden
Hello! So just imported a building into P3D from blender via MCX but now a bit of the building is starting under the ground and not at the ground so to say. what settings have I touched in either Blender or MCX?

Dave_W

Resource contributor
It is unlikely to be an MCX problem.

When you say "a bit of the building is starting under the ground ", do you mean a bit of the entire building, or one end of it? If it is the entire building, maybe the following will help.

Is the building at "ground level" in Blender?

I mean by that, if you look at your building in the 3D viewport in a front or side view and depending on which view it is, is the bottom of the building level with the either red x-axis line (front/back view), or the green y-axis line (left/right view)?

I can't remember if the location of the 3D cursor makes any difference, but if it is at 0,0,0, it will make it easier to see where the "ground" is.

Country
sweden
It is unlikely to be an MCX problem.

When you say "a bit of the building is starting under the ground ", do you mean a bit of the entire building, or one end of it? If it is the entire building, maybe the following will help.

Is the building at "ground level" in Blender?

I mean by that, if you look at your building in the 3D viewport in a front or side view and depending on which view it is, is the bottom of the building level with the either red x-axis line (front/back view), or the green y-axis line (left/right view)?

I can't remember if the location of the 3D cursor makes any difference, but if it is at 0,0,0, it will make it easier to see where the "ground" is.

Hi! thanks for the reply. Yes it is on ground level in blender.

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Have you tested your Blender object with a "plane" under it - then walked around (in blender) to ensure its not tweaked one side?

Have you placed a known default building about the size of your Blender Obj in the same location in P3D and walked around that incase the land has any anomalies? < Found that an issue recently in one of mine, yet in sim use it looked flat.

Country
sweden
Have you tested your Blender object with a "plane" under it - then walked around (in blender) to ensure its not tweaked one side?

Have you placed a known default building about the size of your Blender Obj in the same location in P3D and walked around that incase the land has any anomalies? < Found that an issue recently in one of mine, yet in sim use it looked flat.

Hi, What do you mean with wale around in blender to ensure its not tweaked one side?

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry - generic builders terminology "Walk around " is moving around the building /object using the mouse (middle mouse button or scroll wheel in blender) to check the outside perimeter of the object - This will allow you to see the base is touching the ground and or sinking anywhere. In FSX for another instance will require either slew mode engaged (Y) or use a small light aircraft to taxi around the building in question to check the area and how a default would site in the same coordinated area

Country
sweden
Sorry - generic builders terminology "Walk around " is moving around the building /object using the mouse (middle mouse button or scroll wheel in blender) to check the outside perimeter of the object - This will allow you to see the base is touching the ground and or sinking anywhere. In FSX for another instance will require either slew mode engaged (Y) or use a small light aircraft to taxi around the building in question to check the area and how a default would site in the same coordinated area

I see. I will check that out later today and report back to you :)