FSX:SE [C++] MAKE_STRING with word wrap?

Hi,
Is it possible to use the MAKE_STRING macro with it automatically using word wrap?

Currently, the macro looks like this:
C++:
MAKE_STRING(
dialog_message,
NULL,
NULL,
IMAGE_USE_ERASE | IMAGE_USE_BRIGHT,
240, 150,
540, 150,
MAX_PATH,
MODULE_VAR_NONE,
MODULE_VAR_NONE,
MODULE_VAR_NONE,
RGB(77,75,148),
RGB(189,189,189),
RGB(128,0,0),
GAUGE_FONT_DEFAULT,
GAUGE_CHARSET,
DT_LEFT,
NULL,
reply_string_cb)
I tried adding DT_WORDBREAK to the formatting parameter, but that doesn't seem to have any impact. Do I have to set up multiple string macros and break the text manually?

It is a rather simple and not very useful (my opinion) string display. It doesn't do anything of significant value and isn't very flexible. In short... no it doesn't, and I haven't used a MAKE_STRING in so long I honestly can't recall... simply because it's not a very good display. I use GDI+ for pretty much anything text based.

The problem I got with this is that this particular gauge is loading a few bitmaps from the resource file. And referring to our previous conversation, GDI+ doesn't like those bitmaps.

Just like WarpD, i didn't use MAKE_STRING for a long time. As far as I know, the only way to answer your question is to have the word wrapping done by your code and use mutliple MAKE_STRING macros, 1 for each line. I'm afraid this is the only solution.
And if you want to use GDI+, you can use a bitmap stored in the resources. GDI+ will not care much if it is a fix background bitmap, it works fine.

Thanks for the reply. Man, that really sucks... I was hoping that I wouldn't have to re-write that part of the code. I'll probably opt for the GDI+ variation. Is there anything special about the handling of Bitmaps with GDI+ in the sim? Some funny quirks I need to be aware of? How is transparency handled?