• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

C++ OR XML Coder Wanted: Boeing 747 Classic Panel Project

Hello all,

As some of you may or may not know, I'm working on a Boeing 747 classic panel, specifically in the configuration of the early 70's, but other versions and variations may follow. Problem is, I simply don't have time to make all the bitmaps, learn how to code, then code all the gauges and systems. The end idea is to have a rather fully fleshed out (or as closely as possible) 747 Classic panel, with the idea that it can be modified for different model variations (i.e. a separate panel for the -100, -200, -SP, and -SF with different possible configurations). This will be quite an undertaking and I'd like someone who is committed or willing to commit to this project with me. I have no schedule or demands other than that you be experienced in C++ or XML systems programming and that you be willing to work on it at a good pace, and that you speak good English (language barriers pose huge problems to projects as these...). The end result will also be FREEWARE, as in no profit of any kind will be involved (however that does not mean I won't pay for good work ;) ).

I have dozens of schematics, web resources, and two Boeing 747-100 flight manuals (from Pan Am circa 1973 and TWA circa 1996) to help with any and all systems programming and knowledge required.

This panel is *planned* to be fully compatible with the POSKY or CLS, however a custom exterior of my own is slowly coming into development

Hello all,

As some of you may or may not know, I'm working on a Boeing 747 classic panel, specifically in the configuration of the early 70's, but other versions and variations may follow. Problem is, I simply don't have time to make all the bitmaps, learn how to code, then code all the gauges and systems. The end idea is to have a rather fully fleshed out (or as closely as possible) 747 Classic panel, with the idea that it can be modified for different model variations (i.e. a separate panel for the -100, -200, -SP, and -SF with different possible configurations). This will be quite an undertaking and I'd like someone who is committed or willing to commit to this project with me. I have no schedule or demands other than that you be experienced in C++ or XML systems programming and that you be willing to work on it at a good pace, and that you speak good English (language barriers pose huge problems to projects as these...). The end result will also be FREEWARE, as in no profit of any kind will be involved (however that does not mean I won't pay for good work ;) ).

I have dozens of schematics, web resources, and two Boeing 747-100 flight manuals (from Pan Am circa 1973 and TWA circa 1996) to help with any and all systems programming and knowledge required.
I would be interested in helping with your project if you find me of interest.
I have designed and published a few XML panels including Boeing 737-800, 747-400, 757, 767, 777, and 787. You can see them on www.Flightsim.com if you are interested. I have also recently published a Garmin GPS 500 replacement gauge which seems quite popular. I have thought of doing earlier models but I am constrained by lack of artwork.
All the panels I have done have been XML. I have not previously worked in C++.
Let me know if you are interested. I can be contacted at Gmunro2014@outlook.com.

Best Regards,

G. Munro